spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigsby

join:2012-06-13

Netflix not working with Ultra

I have been having trouble with netflix ever since switching from regular high speed internet with a modem and router to Ultra TV. I have tried to stream Netflix both wired and wifi through our bluray player. It will load after several minutes, load about 3 minutes of the movie/show and then stop and say it is loading but never buffer any additional content. I have tried to stream it through my desktop which is connected directly to the gateway. Has anyone else had these problems? I contacted WOW customer service, they had me do a speed test which I got 15.87 down and 1.87 up. They said everything was fine on there end. If it isn't working on two different devices both wired and through wifi, I'm leaning towards its the connection. I never had trouble when it was just the cisco cable modem and a router. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bigsby

Anyone have any ideas? It seems like netflix will not keep a connection going for more than a couple minutes.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

Maybe WOW_Dan See Profile might be able to do something.
Possibly IM your info to him?

He fixed my VoIP connection.

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:30
reply to bigsby

If you can send me your account number or phone number in a private message, I can take a look. I'm not sure this will be on our side or not, but I'm happy to take a look through everything for you.

bigsby

Dan looked at my account and created a static IP for me. He said they are aware of this problem in the Evansville area and are working on a solution. Hopefully the static IP works when I get home tonight and doesn't have any ill effects on any of my other connections.

bigsby

It seems like Dan created the static IP worked, Netflix streams just fine now wired, now I just have to test it wifi (fingers crossed). Thanks Dan!

troubleagain

@wideopenwest.com

WOW should refer every customer to this site. Otherwise how else will they get problems resolved. Think of how many people can't get their Netflix to work or their VOIP only to be told by CS that it must be their problem.

Every issue Dan resolves shold be put in a database for customer service.

bigsby

I agree. I specifically asked the CSR when I called in if she was familiar with this website or the tech support presence they have on here (WOW Dan) and she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. Poor internal communications.