[LA] Cox New Orleans 70115 - Random Disconnects every 2-5min~ Hi, i have been a Cox HSI subsrcriber for a long time. For the past month or so I have been experiencing a lot of issues with my modem constantly droppping packets and losing connection.
After the "storm" last week, once power was restored to my house, I have brought up all my network equipment back online, only to find out that the Cox connection will drop me randomly every 2-5minutes....
I did a full home run. I chagned the router twice, changed my switch, plugged in the PC directly into the modem... tried resetting the modem 20+ times... I can not stay connected for more than 5-10mins tops.
My modem signals are the following:
Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: -0.9 dBmV 39.6 dB
Channel 2: -1.6 dBmV 39.0 dB
Channel 3: -1.2 dBmV 39.0 dB
Channel 4: -1.7 dBmV 38.9 dB
Channel 5: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 6: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 7: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 8: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 1: 44.5 dBmV
Channel 2: 0.0 dBmV
Channel 3: 0.0 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV
- I have recently changed modems i had a SB5120 previously... just upgraded to the DPC 3010 (Scientific Atlanta) (Cisco now...)
- Everything worked fine for like a week or so after swapping out the modem to the DPC 3010
- I got this modem because a mate of mine from Phoenix (Cox HSI user recommended me this modem)
- We compared the firmware between our modems and his firmware was way newer than mine... (not sure if this helps)
- My firmware was reading build-dates of 2009-2010 ( cant remember exactly ) and apparently after the "storm/hurricane" passed this last week. My modem has newer firmware and its dropping packets a lot...
- I have tried renewing my IP a bunch of times, i still get stuck on the same Subnet...
- If i plug in a PC into the modem i can stay connected for about ~10-15minutes and then drop...
- I have called Tech Support and had them take a look at my modem signals, they said they were fine, i had them check my arp-cache... and have it cleared... (Tech support Guy said everything is fine, as soon as i hang up with him... i get disconnected again...)
- Not sure what else to do, my mate in Phoenix said he had this same issue here and someone in the neighbourhood was "pumping bad signals/noise back into the system..." im not sure if that is the case with my problem.
- I can provide any extra info needed ( ping/traceroute/smokeping ) etc.
- Any help is welcome, thank you.