share rss forum feed

NObama
Premium
join:2005-11-09
Nashua, NH
Reviews:
·Fairpoint Commun..
·magicjack.com

MagicJack magically steals your money.....

One of my two adapters recently died. I wasn't too upset, as I have had them for nearly five years, and purchased 5 years of service for each when I bought them. Service has been okay, working well most of the time. People calling me never worked very well, and I tried the adapters in a number of different ISPs and computers.

Anyway, I bought the new PLUS model, received it several days after ordering, and called MJ to transfer my number from the old unit that died. A short time later it was done, and as we were finishing up, I asked if my nearly $40 in international long distance had also been transferred. The rep then stated that the international long distance credit does not transfer, and per the TOS (Terms Of Service, or the small print you never read), MAGIC JACK KEEPS THE MONEY.

Bye Bye Magic Jack. I will not be renewing either of my numbers when they expire. Prior to this incident, I would have rated you *** of 5 stars. Now you are * of 5 stars.

Hardware dies, and in this case it takes your money to the grave.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

TOS or no TOS, I'd fill out a complaint for at the FCC website. I'm not up on my telecom regulations, but that practice may not be entirely legal. This and the expiring international minutes are questionable, IMHO.

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Agreed. Also, was any of this credit applied recently enough you could consider a chargback with the credit card company?