Search similar:

uniqs

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

download youtube videos in chrome

I'm having trouble getting an addon/app for chrome to download youtube videos ...

I'm guessing is that because google owns Youtube and Chrome they remove such addons/apps?

also I try to get this »www.chromeextensions.org ··· nloader/ but install fails with this - »i.imgur.com/ek1Pe.jpg maybe I should get a developer version of Chrome that will let me install local tests of .crx = google addons?

Please advise ... thank you so much...

Chrome User
@109.76.192.x

Chrome User

Anon

Same problem just today. I'm dreading having to switch browser, but this is a dealbreaker.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
I use this site: »offliberty.com/ which also has a bookmarklet...

Nordy
join:2007-10-20

Nordy to inGearX

to inGearX
Have u tried aTubeCatcher. It'll download videos, playlists etc. etc.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to inGearX

MVM

to inGearX
said by inGearX:

...but install fails with this - »i.imgur.com/ek1Pe.jpg maybe I should get a developer version of Chrome that will let me install local tests of .crx = google addons?

So you can only use add on's from their store? I understand disabling no-"official" add-ons from 3rd party sites by default, but don't agree with just refusing it completely.
Expand your moderator at work

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX to cdru

to cdru

Re: download youtube videos in chrome

said by cdru:

said by inGearX:

...but install fails with this - »i.imgur.com/ek1Pe.jpg maybe I should get a developer version of Chrome that will let me install local tests of .crx = google addons?

So you can only use add on's from their store? I understand disabling no-"official" add-ons from 3rd party sites by default, but don't agree with just refusing it completely.

yea it's like apple!

thank God Android has a bypass... so you can also use Amazon App store and any other site...

else it would suck!
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
Try it with latest Chromium build:
1. Download it from Softpedia
2. Unzip into a folder. E.g. C:\Program Files\Chromium
3 Launch it pointing to a profile folder
chromium.exe -user-data-dir=PathTo\profile
(if profile folder doesn't exist, new folder will be created)
4. In chrome://extensions page check Developer mode and drag and drop that extension file (.crx) into the browser.
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick to inGearX

to inGearX
I use the site »keepvid.com to get youtube videos, works well for what I've done with it.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

1 recommendation

John Galt6

Premium Member

said by TherapyChick:

I use the site »keepvid.com to get youtube videos, works well for what I've done with it.

That works...!

Thx...

Lagz
Premium Member
join:2000-09-03
The Rock

Lagz to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
»download.cnet.com/Flash- ··· 988.html

We've reviewed lots of tools for downloading videos from the Internet, and the quality of these programs has varied widely. Some make the process a breeze, while others are practically worthless. We're happy to report that Flash Video Downloader for Google Chrome is among the better offerings in this category. It's easy to use and it works reliably.

The extension installs with little fuss and then appears as an icon to the right of Chrome's address bar. Flash Video Downloader seems to work a bit differently for each site. On YouTube, for example, we clicked the icon and a small window appeared giving us a choice between downloading the video as an FLV or an MP4 file. On DailyMotion, the extension automatically downloaded the video as an FLV.

Also related »flashvideodownloader.org/