share rss forum feed

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

[Thunderbird] Thunderbird 15 - Remote content message

Click for full size
I have two questions in regards to the "Remote content" message that I have posted above.

First, I know if I click the link "Always load remote content from ...." Thunderbird will remember that choice, and for that given site (or is it e-mail address), it will always show the remote content. Where is the place in Thunderbird that will show me which site(s) I have done this for already. I'm thinking here if I did a site, and now I want to change my mind (like have it always ask me again), is there a place to modify that?

Second, if I allow remote content by clicking the button, is there a way to then to not show the content for the same message? I'm thinking like an undo button in this case.

Thanks,

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
quote:
now I want to change my mind (like have it always ask me again), is there a place to modify that?
Control is in the address book > contact > options.

More info:
Privacy Basics - Thunderbird

Mail and News Settings - Knowledgebase
Config editor + mail . trusteddomains (String)
List of comma separated domains that it should automatically display remote images for.
quote:
is there a way to then to not show the content for the same message
The setting isn't based 'by message'.

--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Click for full size
Chachazz,

After reading the information you provided in the links, I understand how it works now. If I click the button, it will do a one time connection to the internet and display all the remote content. There is no undo option for this, it just happens. However, nothing is stored in Thunderbird for this action, which is why it will ask me that every time, even if I click the button. Its more like a warning (do you want to see this content), and by clicking the button, I accept the risks.

If however, I want to always accept content from a trusted source, I then click the link "always load remote content from ....", it will allow me to add that specific e-mail to my address book. I did see the suggestion in one of the links to create another address book (outside of the personal one) to keep these separate, and easy to manage. When I do this, the check box "Allow remote content" is checked by default (as indicated by the red arrow in my picture) so that when I do receive and e-mail from this address, any remote content will automatically be displayed.

Again, thanks for the links and helping me understand this functionally of Thunderbird!

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail