how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to Bolt1963

Re: Thoughts on Verizon picking up the PAC 12 Network?

PAC-12 network is not a good reason to switch to TWC, which is nationally panned as one of the worst services. To lose NFL Network/Red Zone to gain PAC-12, no thanks.

FYI, Frontier FIOS up in the Pacific NW have added PAC-12 Network in SD and HD, as well as PAC-12 Oregon and PAC-12 Washington.

Also, keep in mind that DirecTV, Dish Network, Verizon FiOS nor AT&T U-verse have added this network. Cablevision and I think Comcast don't have it either. So again like beIN sport I find it crazy that it's the provider's fault because the leagues went for a money grab.

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA

2 edits
Watch my Charger games in full and the other NFL games in full. Personally have no use for NFL Redzone. Will miss NFL Network when my Chargers are on, but will bite the bullet and head to a bar.

Comcast, Time Warner, Cox and Brighthouse all carry the PAC 12 Network. DirecTV will get a deal done sooner rather than later, I just didn't want to wait for it to happen.

Verizon has already lost plenty Los Angeles area subscribers and that number will get much bigger in two weeks when USC plays CAL. They will eventually get a deal done, but by then they will have already lost plenty of affluent subscribers. That's the game of carriage deals, will never make sense to me.

CAL AD making the switch.

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···oRjRBpYc

thorhtpc

join:2012-05-10
Redondo Beach, CA
Time Warner sucks in Redondo Beach. Heavily over compressed HD, horrible support, and your bill will balloon when your introductory period is over. It would take a Spanish Inquisition to get me to switch back.

Good luck.

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA
Was talking to the people in this thread who want the PAC 12 Network. If the channel isn't important to you, then stick with Verizon. I held out for as long as I could, did not want to switch. But would miss way too many good PAC 12 sporting events by staying with Verizon. Not only football, but looking forward to Basketball season too. A ton of games.