All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

saynotobell
@bell.ca

saynotobell

Anon

[TV] Bell TV missed deadline to add local channels to satellite?

Wasn't Bell [satellite] TV ordered by the CRTC "to carry at least 43 additional television services, including local and regional stations and independent community stations, by August 31, 2012"?
This hasn't happened, seems to have been quietly forgotten, and I see no explanation from Bell nor federal regulators. I'm anticipating some unacceptable corporate excuses like how they locked out 'ExpressVu' headend technicians, or how the MPEG4 receiver swap project is somehow taking longer than expected, as if having 15 months leadtime wasn't enough. Nimiq 6 has been up in the sky for months; it's ready... what gives?!

What's the point in having broadcast regulators if they don't follow-up on compliance with their own decisions or have any recourse for those who flaunt their rules?
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

Re: [TV] Bell TV missed deadline to add local channels to satell

said by saynotobell :

What's the point in having broadcast regulators if they don't follow-up on compliance with their own decisions or have any recourse for those who flaunt their rules?

Not to be pedantic, but the word you're looking for is "flout" not "flaunt"

»grammarist.com/usage/fla ··· t-flout/
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to saynotobell

to saynotobell
I think this is happening Sept 18th. I got an email that said there was going to be a change to the FibeTV, DTH and Satellite TV line-up that will reflect better consolodation of local channels vs. timeshifted channels.

I'm not sure if thats what your refering too though.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to saynotobell

to saynotobell
New locals are expected Nov. 29.