share rss forum feed

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to mettachain

Re: Any sweet deal on a pre-built with slots to upgrade?

Your budget does not give you space for an SSD. A good 120 GB SSD is about another $100. Going beyond that and your money would be better spent on a better GPU.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to mettachain
Hmm, I work in a Naval health clinic and I can see newegg and fatwallet. Microcenter, TigerDirect, CompUSA can all be seen from work for me. Just no game related sites but this one and howtopriest.com.

Like I posted in my build thread, I paid $615 for my rig out of pocket...including $55 for a mouse and thermal paste that could have been left off. So, hypothetically $560 on necessary parts (not including GPU, I traded my old rig for the new video card). The value of the entire build before discounts, shipping costs, or promo codes is over $1,000 ($1046 to be exact). So, careful planning, research, and selling/trading old parts definitely has benefits.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
said by McBrain:

Hmm, I work in a Naval health clinic and I can see newegg and fatwallet.

Let's just say I work in a special place on Offutt. I can't access a lot of website. I'm surprised I can still get here
--
Good evening!