spc
uniqs
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to milnoc

to milnoc

Re: Incompetent technician cut off my Internet!

Is TSI cable available in your area? Why not get TSI to set you up on that? It deletes bell from the issue, and most times cable once it's working.. it stays working.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

But who's going to pay for it? My DSL payment went through just a week before this incident. I'm still at the beginning of my billing cycle! And I'd still have to buy the modem for the cable service, plus the installation fees and the first month!

I already lost $60 on that "free" 16/1 upgrade promotion last February due to non converging billing cycles and fraudulent connection fees. Now I have to go through all of that again at two to three times the cost?

As I've said before, if Vidéotron can give me a reasonable deal that eliminates all of the initial fees, I'm in! It'll help minimize my losses.

And if that doesn't work out, I just might have to give up Internet service at home until I move out in the spring (not certain yet).
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

said by milnoc:

But who's going to pay for it? My DSL payment went through just a week before this incident. I'm still at the beginning of my billing cycle! And I'd still have to buy the modem for the cable service, plus the installation fees and the first month!

I already lost $60 on that "free" 16/1 upgrade promotion last February due to non converging billing cycles and fraudulent connection fees. Now I have to go through all of that again at two to three times the cost?

As I've said before, if Vidéotron can give me a reasonable deal that eliminates all of the initial fees, I'm in! It'll help minimize my losses.

And if that doesn't work out, I just might have to give up Internet service at home until I move out in the spring (not certain yet).

Why not speak with someone in management at TSI.. perhaps they can cut you a deal on the install or something to get you to cable.. OR simply put the DSL payment towards cable as you shouldn't be paying for days you are down.

I feel your pain, but if Bell has a history of cutting lines, I would be flipping to cable without second thought, as there is always costs involved no matter who you use.