how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

godsmacked92

join:2012-11-06
reply to bigred44

Re: BELLSOUTH email address ATT

Another thing that's happening with the ATT or bellsouth email adds when you cancel service is that at some point in the future you'll get a notification that it will be converted to be a yahoo.com domain. Some don't experience this but some does. I don't know how they go about this though.
For lost emails, yahoo used to be able to retrieve them and so are the contacts, but as time went by they got tired of retrieving them since most of the cases that they got was that the emails got popped from the server going to an email client, some are hacked email accounts.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by godsmacked92:

Another thing that's happening with the ATT or bellsouth email adds when you cancel service is that at some point in the future you'll get a notification that it will be converted to be a yahoo.com domain.

Not at all. I have at least one 'pacbell.net' email address which could not be converted to the 'yahoo.com' domain because there already exists a user with the same username.

In any case, Yahoo! will let a Comcast (or any other ISP) user sign up email in the 'att.net' domain; I've helped a Comcast user do that. Here is the link:

»www.att.net/s/s.dll?spage=host/g···tm&ch=mb

For as long as AT&T partners with Yahoo! to provide email, any extant AT&T domain should continue to work. Barring some unintended glitch.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

dandeman
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-05
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to bigred44

After getting totally fed up with yahoo email login failures, one of the best things I ever did to permit trouble free use of my bellsouth.net email identities and by pass the irritating problems with yahoo email servers is the following.

I signed up for a number of gmail accounts that more or less map to all my bellsouth.net email account names and alias'es, and then, on the yahoo email web site for my bellsouth accounts, set up permanent forwarding of that email to my new gmail accounts.. I no longer use yahoo pop servers at all..

gmail is reliable, fast, error free and much better spam filtering.

It also functions well with my cellphone in that:

1)it can be set up to use "push" protocols, that is gmail will send email immediately to my cellphone, rather than waiting for the email server to be polled by the cellphone (e.g. using pop protocols).

2)I can do email on the cellphone or at the home computer, yet have copies of all email generated on the cellphone end up in the email archive on the home computer system, without a lot of hassle.

I still have a fair amount of inbound email to my *@bellsouth.net accounts, but use gmail for all new outbound email..