spc
uniqs

audiokaos
@wind.ca

audiokaos to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

Re: New TekSavvy Website!

Nice new site, but please bring back the known outages page!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by audiokaos :

Nice new site, but please bring back the known outages page!

Tx!

The outages are under support/tools see bottom right corner of page: »www.teksavvy.com/en/supp ··· ls/tools

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Marc, I think you guys forgot to add the off-peak hours and info for DSL.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Marc, I think you guys forgot to add the off-peak hours and info for DSL.

ok I'll look into that. tx

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre
join:2005-08-24
Scarborough

Oinktastic

On the Cogeco 7 plan for Ontario, the wording is backwards. It says "Up to Down 7 Mbps / 800 Kbps Up" instead of "Up to 7Mbps Down / 800 Kbps Up". Check the link below for what I'm talking about.

»teksavvy.com/en/resident ··· y-lite-7

Also, the downloading time estimates for many of the packages seem too high. For example the 5MB song for the 7Mbit page linked above says 8 seconds... It should actually be 5.7 seconds, but "6 seconds" should be ok as it's the closest round number to 5.7.

I was wondering if someone added in some non-existent overhead when they calculated those numbers for cable, but I noticed a lot of the DSL numbers are high too.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

ok thanks for catching that.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Oinktastic

Premium Member

to Oinktastic
said by Oinktastic:

On the Cogeco 7 plan for Ontario, the wording is backwards. It says "Up to Down 7 Mbps / 800 Kbps Up" instead of "Up to 7Mbps Down / 800 Kbps Up". Check the link below for what I'm talking about.

»teksavvy.com/en/resident ··· y-lite-7

Also, the downloading time estimates for many of the packages seem too high. For example the 5MB song for the 7Mbit page linked above says 8 seconds... It should actually be 5.7 seconds, but "6 seconds" should be ok as it's the closest round number to 5.7.

I was wondering if someone added in some non-existent overhead when they calculated those numbers for cable, but I noticed a lot of the DSL numbers are high too.

I have logged these

Good catch indeed!
Expand your moderator at work