« RDK-03033 ErrorStill no universal remote? »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 ... 20 · 21 · 22 · next

bmantz65
join:2001-07-23
united state

bmantz65 to netcool

to netcool

Re: [TiVo] TiVo access to XFINITY On Demand

Thank you for these updates, telcodad. I have Comcast and use a Tivo so these news updates are appreciated.
lmacmil
join:2001-01-26
South Bend, IN

lmacmil to netcool

to netcool
Where can I find out if VOD is available on Tivo in my area? Links I find just point to a Tivo website page ( »www.tivo.com/discover/cable ) that is just advertising. Is there an actual page that lets one put in a zipcode to determine if VOD is available in that area or not?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by lmacmil:

Where can I find out if VOD is available on Tivo in my area? Links I find just point to a Tivo website page ( »www.tivo.com/discover/cable ) that is just advertising.

Yeah, I see that now, even the link on this page: »www.tivo.com/my-account/ ··· ere-dvrs
said by lmacmil:

Is there an actual page that lets one put in a zipcode to determine if VOD is available in that area or not?

Looks like they just eliminated that old ZIP code page since XoD on TiVo was supposed to be available in all Comcast markets as of July 9th: »Re: Comcast to expand Xfinity On Demand for TiVo to all markets
lmacmil
South Bend, IN

1 recommendation

lmacmil

said by telcodad:

...XoD on TiVo was supposed to be available in all Comcast markets as of July 9th

The takeaway from the multichannel.com article is this: "Comcast and TiVo have completed an integration that enables TiVo devices purchased at retail to access the MSO's vast VOD library."

What do they mean by "purchased at retail"? Does that imply I can't buy a used Tivo on Ebay and have it get VOD?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by lmacmil:

said by telcodad:

...XoD on TiVo was supposed to be available in all Comcast markets as of July 9th

What do they mean by "purchased at retail"? Does that imply I can't buy a used Tivo on Ebay and have it get VOD?

I took it as TiVos that are available for general sale and not specialized models that are rented by some other MSOs:

»www.tivo.com/cable-operators

Cogeco Drops IPTV Project, Goes With TiVo
»www.multichannel.com/new ··· o/375822
lmacmil
South Bend, IN

lmacmil

said by telcodad:

I took it as TiVos that are available for general sale and not specialized models that are rented by some other MSOs:

Ok, thanks.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Robert to lmacmil

Premium Member

to lmacmil
said by lmacmil:

said by telcodad:

The takeaway from the multichannel.com article is this: "Comcast and TiVo have completed an integration that enables TiVo devices purchased at retail to access the MSO's vast VOD library."

Just an FYI.. I upgraded my TiVo Premiere to a TiVo Premiere 4 by buying it here on DSLR from a member, and my VoD works just fine.
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan

Yeah any Premiere or Roamio can get XOD, doesn't matter how you buy it.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Amazon Instant Streaming on TiVo

FYI - On the Zatz Not Funny! blog site this morning:

TiVo Releases Amazon Instant Streaming! (Prematurely)
By Dave Zatz, Zatz Not Funny! - September 17, 2014
»zatznotfunny.com/2014-09 ··· aturely/

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: Comcast to expand Xfinity On Demand for TiVo to all markets

Got the update last week, it's pretty awesome. A lot of under the hood changes. Really looking forward to the Android streaming (even though I don't have any Android devices). Rumors are there might be changes coming to how out of home streaming will work, perhaps getting rid of the proxy server.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

TiVo Tests Free Hardware Plan (Again)

FYI - On the Zatz Not Funny! blog site today:

TiVo Tests Free Hardware (Again)
By Dave Zatz, Zatz Not Funny! - September 23, 2014
»zatznotfunny.com/2014-09 ··· e-again/
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

Re: Amazon Instant Streaming on TiVo

said by telcodad:

FYI - On the Zatz Not Funny! blog site this morning:

TiVo Releases Amazon Instant Streaming! (Prematurely)
By Dave Zatz, Zatz Not Funny! - September 17, 2014
»zatznotfunny.com/2014-09 ··· aturely/

On the MCN site this morning:

TiVo Flips On Android Streaming
Complements Capabilities Already Offered On iOS Devices

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - September 30, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/new ··· g/384285
quote:
TiVo is covering its mobile bases Tuesday with the launch of streaming for Android-powered devices (»blog.tivo.com/2014/09/to ··· th-tivo/)

TiVo’s updated app, initially offered at Google Play and coming to the Amazon App Store “in a few days,” will enable users of the company's Roamio DVR lineup (including models that don’t have on-board transcoding and need to be paired with the Slingbox-like TiVo Stream sidecar device) to stream recorded or live shows on their Android devices when they are in or out of the home using WiFi or LTE/4G connections.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Works pretty well, though there are always things that can be improved.
Expand your moderator at work
chadb97
join:2009-07-14
Osceola, IN

chadb97 to netcool

to netcool

Re: [TiVo] TiVo access to XFINITY On Demand

So I have a problem viewing on-demand on my Tivo Premiere 4. I can get into the VOD menus and pick something to watch, but when the program starts it freezes after only 3-6 seconds of playback. The time counter at the bottom of the screen continues on like nothing is wrong, but picture and sound are frozen at the 3-6 second mark. Any ideas on what's going on here?

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I've had this happen a number of times but haven't come across a fix besides starting the process over until it works or just leaving it alone for awhile.
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf

Re: Series 4 TiVos are still being supported

said by Mike Wolf:

Still waiting on the damn Roamio UI to be pushed out to the Premieres, or at least fix the truncation issue.

Quite happy it finally got rolled out.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Also rolling out soon, by late next month, is the Winter Update:

TiVo Winter Update to Feature Amazon, Vudu, and Mobile Improvements
By Dave Zatz, Zatz Not Funny! - October 20, 2014
»zatznotfunny.com/2014-10 ··· vements/

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

1 edit

OpTiC

Premium Member

I am curious with Xfinity on demand on Tivo. Will Xfinity On demand work without subscribing to Comcast internet service. I am asking because once my area go to Comcast I might not use Comcast for internet. I might switch to Verizon Fios for internet and use Comcast for TV only. Also will the Tivo Mega DVR work with Xfinity On Demand for Tivo. I am planning to pick up a Tivo Mega once this TWC Comcast merger goes through.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by OpTiC :

I am curious with Xfinity on demand on Tivo. Will Xfinity On demand work without subscribing to Comcast internet service. I am asking because once my area go to Comcast I might not use Comcast for internet. I might switch to Verizon Fios for internet and use Comcast for TV only.

From what Morac See Profile had reported previously in this thread »Re: [TiVo] TiVo access to XFINITY On Demand , while it does need an internet connection for XoD, you can use any provider's internet service for providing that.
said by OpTiC :

Also will the Tivo Mega DVR work with Xfinity On Demand for Tivo. I am planning to pick up a Tivo Mega once this TWC Comcast merger goes through.

I would think so, but not sure about that.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I'd love to find out if it's possible, it's a fascinating question.

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
So I can use a Verizon Fios connection and use Xfinity On Demand. That is great when Comcast take over I will only have their TV.
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

The question has already been answered - yes you can.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by GTFan:

said by Mike Wolf:

The question has already been answered - yes you can.

I think Mike Wolf See Profile may have been talking about whether the Mega will work with XoD for Tivo.

I had said that I think it would, as a Roamio-series model, but wasn't sure, as the press release on it »pr.tivo.com/press-releas ··· -1142689 doesn't specifically state that.

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Hopefully the Tivo mega gets Xfinity On Demand because I really want to buy one and not use the Comcast X1 DVR.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I was talking to a tech at length the other day and when I asked about new products coming out soon he mentioned the TiVo Mega and that it'll have 8 to 12 tuners. I told him that was welcome news because of all the griping I heard about the initial reports claiming it'd only have 6 and that 6 wouldn't be enough for a $5k product. I just got a Roamio base model to replace a failed 4 year old Premiere that a roommate was using and XoD works just as good as it does on the Premiere series and Mini. Wish Comcast would update the app so it would have the same color scheme and UI as the Summer 2014 update brought.

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

2 edits

OpTiC

Premium Member

I say it should be at least 10 tuner. I will repeat one more time once Comcast take over LA a TWC area I wouldn't lease a DVR like I do now. I wish once the merger goes through Comcast will expand Xfinity On Demand to current TWC areas. I still hate this merger. That is the only good thing about this merger. Finally no more Cable Co DVR to access On Demand!!
OpTiC

OpTiC

Premium Member

I will plan on having a Mega and 2 Roamio plus setup once Comcast takes over. If I have that setup will I still have access Xfinity On Demand on TiVo.