Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to More Fiber

Re: Not very happy with the install

More Fiber, the 2 button remote covers over 98% of all TV's ever manufactured. The 4-button remote had quite a few less codes than the 2-button.

The OP needs to follow the code search directions carefully in order to find the correct code for their TV:

»www22.verizon.com/Support/Reside···etup.htm

Daewoo is showing code 086.

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Libra

Good News!

I'm happy to say that within 2 hours of calling support, a Verizon installer came to the door. He was very good and very patient. He brought a 7232 DVR - he said he didn't know if Verizon would charge for this since we are getting the current MR DVR free for 18 months. I also mentioned we have another 6416 DVR that we are paying $16.99 for monthly. He switched out the 6416 to the 7232 in the living room! He also installed the HDMI wires in 2 televisions.

He tried but couldn't get another router for me, but he reset it and I was able to change the SSID and put in the WPA-2 password. We exited it and I got in again. I forgot to ask him if he had a stand, but I have the feeling he probably didn't. Since they're known to run hot and I can't get a newer one, I won't worry about it.

If I go into the firewall will I see that the NAT is working?

Regarding the tv that lost its fios, he fixed that and also connected the dvd/vcr correctly so it now works.

He looked at the remote to my television and it didn't take him long before he had the remote controlling my tv and receiver.

I also asked him to check how the ONT outside was connected since I could see about 1/2 inch of the screw behind the top. He said it is secure.
~~~~~~~~~~
Dave - thank you for those instructions. I will bookmark the page.

I appreciate everyone's help and advice.

Sincerely, Libra

I will make another post about my Network.

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Libra

Re: Is Fios Triple Play still a good choice

When I showed the tech the message "no internet" even though I have internet on those computers, he questioned if it's shut down daily - it's not. He shut it down and turned it back on. the no internet message was gone. Later on, the same thing happened with the laptop. The laptop came up with a Networking notice also.

When I finally got into my router I was able to see both desktop computers listed.

It seems that everything is good and thank you, More Fiber, for giving me the directions to change the SSID number.

Sincerely, Libra