Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jmikeh
Premium
join:2001-07-15
Tulsa, OK

[COX] MeTV

Cox in Tulsa, OK recently added MeTV channel 73. It's available on my dvr box but I can't pick it up over just the cable in to my TV in another room. Does anyone know if it's available only by cable or is a digital box required?
--
"Welcome to the party, pal"

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Have you rescanned the channels on the TV? If so and it does not show up then more than likely you will need a cable set top box...

Post on the Cox forum. There are a number of users in the Tulsa market that hang out there who maybe able to help futher...

»Cox HSI
--
"When all else fails read the instructions..."
MS-MVP Windows Expert - Consumer

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57

We can send it over to Cox...

mercutio215

join:2011-09-24
reply to jmikeh

Looking at the channel line up for Tulsa on Cox's website it does not show channel 73 listed as of yet (check link below). However, all channels over 63 are tagged as "digital only" which means they need to have a cable box to view them. I think you can say based on that it's a channel that can't be viewed on analog. I'm actually in OKC so I can't verify it unfortunately.

»ww2.cox.com/residential/tulsa/tv···=goog_tv

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to jmikeh

looks like they just moved the channel from ch 175 to 73 but is part of the variety pack which only digital cable gets,so tv's w/o a box would not get it

signcarver

join:2005-03-20
Phoenix, AZ
reply to jmikeh

Here in Phoenix, it is a subchannel of AZTV (KAZT channel 7, 13 on cable) and this broadcast of subchannel 7.2 is on channel 93 on the cable boxes... however since it is a "local" it is delivered by clear qam and most digital tvs will tune it by pressing 7.2 but I have one that I need to tune it by channel 76.4 (I believe) so if you have a digital tv, try rescanning and you might find it however more than likely it will probably only be broadcast in digital not analog.

For some reason channel 7 a while back had moved RTV (which at the time it changed I actually preferred RTV to MeTV) from 7.2 to 7.3 which cox doesn't re-transmit and replaced it with Me, now comparing RTV to MeTV, I think Me is a little better but I would love for them to also carry 7.3.

BTW in Tulsa it probably should be 23.2 as it should be a sub channel of KOKI

jmikeh
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to SoonerAl

I have rescanned multiple TV's and it does not show up. I can get 131 and 220, rtv and this, but not Metv 73. I suspect a box is needed. Just annoying. I can get it with an antenna, it's 21.3 OTA.
--

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
reply to lilhurricane

ME TV can be picked up with an antenna in most cases. Here, it's 5-2.

If you want, invest in an antenna, check how far you are from the stations towers and walla. I'd suggest a tri band antenna for the roof and a rotor,

Digital doesn't travel as far as analog.

-Rob

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to m8trix

said by m8trix:

looks like they just moved the channel from ch 175 to 73 but is part of the variety pack which only digital cable gets,so tv's w/o a box would not get it

that's WEtv not MEtv which is a local subchannel,

jmikeh
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to jmikeh

I rescanned over the weekend and I was able to pull in the channel on Cox Tulsa channel 73. It was a matter of time I suppose.
--

w0kie

join:2001-12-23
Tulsa, OK

No go for me in Tulsa