Premium Member
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON

RickStep to Brian3154

Premium Member

to Brian3154

Re: Help! My apartment is invisible!

I am really missing something here.

Bell provides services to street addresses, and as a consequence to all sub addresses at that building.

If a single family house at 200 Address Avenue was a single family dwelling and is now 4 apartments, Bell will service 4 apartments.

Just because Bell has no record of an apartment number and won't service it is bullshit.

Either scream at Bell supervisors on the phone or post in the direct forum here:

»Bell Canada Direct

Bell has an obligation to send out a truck, and either a tech or a field foreman; to determine how to get you service.

While Bell needs to know about new construction; and gets information from the cities about issued building permits; Bell may not hear about a large apartment in a high rise being split into 2 separate units.

As a former Bell employee over 40 years ago; I remember 3 distinct calls that I was sent to investigate.

1. A very large 100 plus year old single family dwelling converted to a 10 unit men's shelter.
2. A very large apartment on the top floor of a high rise that was luxury when the building was built but could not be rented as the high rise became run down and the unit was split into 2 units.
3. New high rise upper floor units that were redesigned & readdressed while the building was under construction and didn't match the records in the assignment department.

Bell can't simply ignore you.

Rick

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Of course they can. This is NOT Bell of even 12 years ago. At least then they still knew what customer service is. They never were the BEST of companies, but in the last 12 years, so much rot set in that they are now totally able to ignore you.