spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Out Lier

@videotron.ca
reply to Davesnothere

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

said by Davesnothere:

IIgs is prob'ly afraid to post that it's OK now, in case he jinxes it and Bell does something ELSE to fuck him up yet again.

With the way Bell operates, the tech likely hooked his fridge up to the phone line. To make a call IIgs has to open the container of Becel.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by Out Lier :

With the way Bell operates, the tech likely hooked his fridge up to the phone line. To make a call IIgs has to open the container of Becel.

Yes, and the touchtone keys are on the EGGS, and they do not work every time you touch them, so you have to press HARDER....

Rewstama

join:2006-11-20
canada
reply to IIgs

This story scares the crap outta me.
I've been with Bell since the introduction of Sympatico HSE and just based on price/cap, was considering a switch to TSI.

Aside from slow conversion of my area from HSE -> DSL -> RDSLAM, my connection has been solid and tech support have always been quick to respond.

Maybe I should just let sleeping dogs lie and suck up the cost of what I've got.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by Rewstama:

Maybe I should just let sleeping dogs lie and suck up the cost of what I've got.

Precisely why Bell does what it does - to ensure you and many others fear independents... their ongoing effort to virtually change every Canadian into one of these:

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

Rewstama

join:2006-11-20
canada
reply to IIgs

She's sweet looking.. what's her name?
I'm looking for my rubber boots right now.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

said by Rewstama:

She's sweet looking.. what's her name?
I'm looking for my rubber boots right now.

Never mind THAT !

Her name is LAMB CHOP.

Nice RACK, though.

= = = = =

Yeah, I know - those were BAAAAAAAAAHD jokes.

I feel so sheepish for having told them.

BrianV

join:2008-11-17
Long Sault, ON
kudos:1
reply to IIgs

It's been 4 days - I presume his internet is back?

IIgs
Premium
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

said by BrianV:

It's been 4 days - I presume his internet is back?

Both my DSL and POTS line were finally restored on Friday (September 14th).

All told that was 12 days with Internet, and 3 days without telephone. Hopefully the nightmare is over and I can forget about this and get back to other things in life. And yes, this certainly did disrupt my life, BIG time.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

said by Davesnothere:

Wait - are those not what the CRTC uses ?

Them be the ones.

But seriously, if the CRTC does not think internet service is essential, turn it all off for a week, watch what happens.

Our economy and the core of our society depends on internet access. More now than ever.

It is absolutely essential.

The more the CRTC allows these shenanigans to continue, the more our economy suffers.

Them the facts.

Mike

What you are missing is that it's not essential to you and me, but essential to say a Futureshop or an Amazon. Those guys however will will have SLA's on all their lines.

We're moved from land lines to cell phones, but refuse to make Cell service essential either.

These guys are so in the back pocket of the telco's it's not funny.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to Tx

The TTC was deemed essential because if they aren't running, you ain't getting to work/school.

You think gridlock is bad now, try it without transit.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit

said by elwoodblues:

The TTC was deemed essential because if they aren't running, you ain't getting to work/school.

You think gridlock is bad now, try it without transit.

Still not an essential service. Won't die without it. Essential is healthcare, food etc... Find a way to work without transit or find a closer job and use a bicycle. We live in a lazy society right now. TTC is a courtesy service run by tax payers money, a people mover. (Yes i know it's currently labeled essential but i disagree)

Just like the internet, we would not go dark, fail and end up in a devastating world if people were forced to walk to a library and work harder to feed their families.

Not saying it isn't important, i think the internet these days is more important than the TTC since several work from home..

TTC is NOT in the same category as Internet. Internet is a luxury some cannot afford, TTC is transportation, a people mover, a service of which moves you from A to B.

Now food, is essential for survival, as is water.

videonerd

join:2007-01-21
reply to IIgs

Happened to me in July - cancelled DSL as I got cable. A few days later, our POTS phone line goes dead, and a call our number says it's out of service. GREAT.

Teksavvy puts out a ticket, says it'll be resolved in 48 hours. 2 days later, line is still dead. Call into Teksavvy again...

** APPARENTLY with Bell if your line is inactive and "out of service," no amount of trouble tickets will do, you'll need Teksavvy to call into Bell to move their butt. **

... so after a week of no phone line, Bell finally reconnects the line. But I still paid for a full month of service - I understand Teksavvy didn't do anything wrong (other than the first tech putting in a trouble ticket that went nowhere) but Bell sure screwed them over.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

videonerd,

That doesn't sound like a fun situation at all and I'm sorry that you or anyone has to go through something like that.

I would like to use your account as a case study to help us resolve these types of scenarios with Bell.

If you please could, can you email me your account details and please reference your DSLr handle in the email. I will do my best to prevent such issues.

I also want to make sure that you get the credit you deserve for this outage if one was not previously applied.

Thanks,

ANdre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

said by TSI Andre:

....I would like to use your account as a case study to help us resolve these types of scenarios with Bell....

And IIgs's case too, I hope - as HE never even had an order pending and shit still happened.

BTW, we should all borrow HiVolt's alternate avatar about pissing on Bell (if he doesn't mind), and each use it for a while, and tell Bell to come here and read our posts (and let them see the avatar everywhere).

HiVolt ?

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Hi Dave,

IIGS' case has already been used as a case study according to this :

said by TSI Marc:

I was talking about this case with ppl in high places today. Tomorrow I'll follow up with them to see what they can do to help. They were pretty astonished about this one.

I want to add more gravy to the meat & potato dish Marc is working on

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

said by TSI Andre:

....I want to add more gravy to the meat & potato dish Marc is working on

Include some grated CHEESE for the cheezy excuses from Bell.

....et voila ! - POUTINE !

BTW, the meat is BEEF - ground beef - to represent what WE all are doing - sprinkled liberally under the cheese layer.

And we thought that Marc was teh CHIEF, not CHEF.

Bwu

@stsn.com
reply to IIgs

I feel your pain, this is exactly what's happening to me! But here's the thing it is the THIRD TIME it has happened. I don't know where bell finds so many incompetent techs. Thank god for mobile tethering or I would have no work done.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in

Give it time, like AT&T in the US, they figures way to charge for tethering

IIgs
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to IIgs

Believe it or not, and this is no joke...

BELL HAS ONCE AGAIN DISCONNECTED MY TEKSAVVY INTERNET!!

As of 9am this morning (October 10th) Bell Canada pulled out my line card at the central office. Same as before, no sync, dead-silence on landline (no familiar hiss or static) if I removed the DSL filter.

We're NOT even a month past my last "accidental" pull being resolved, and they've done it again!! Holy crap, this is now the 4th accidental pull in a month period!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1... Sept. 3 - DSL pulled out "accidentally"
#2... Sept. 11 - DSL *and* phone line "accidentally" pulled out
#3... Sept. 12 - phone line "accidentally" pulled out again
#4... Oct. 10 - DSL pulled out "accidentally", yet again

Bell called to say a dispatch is set between noon and 6 PM tomorrow, and they once again want to waste time checking my inside wiring (despite their admitting to the last two pulls being at the CO!!). Can you believe the agent actually tried to upsale me Bell Internet during the call?!

"Sir, I noticed you're only using Bell for your home phone. Can I ask why that is?" (At this point I explode at the guy and tell him what I think of Bell!)

"Yes, but if your Internet through Bell, you wouldn't being having this issue"

Wow, he is trying to paint a picture that they pull TSI customers not-so-accidentally to try and switch them back over to Bell? I really wish I had taped the conversation with this Bell bastard.

So now I'm without Internet again, for god knows who long, and completely at the mercy of Bell. Even if I am restored, for how long? A few days, a week, a month?? And will my phone line be cut again? Probably.

I am feeling completely in shock right now, I honestly do not know what to do. I tried calling different departments at Bell to file a complaint, all to no avail.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

1 edit

Yeah what the rep said in that last line is not true. Bell customers have had their service disconnected in the past too. And landlines are tagged in the billing system for wholesale DSL access. This is simply coming down to some tech F'ed up and they haven't corrected the root cause.

As for a complaint, call the Executive Office and/or the Business office in the morning. They're good about fixing issues.

Executive Office of Customer Relations - 1-866-317-3382

Can't find the number right now for the business office but I know there was one for the Ottawa office.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to IIgs

said by IIgs:

Are you freaking kidding me!
Well I know you're not, but my god.

I've sent your account info to our Escalations Manager.

I'll see if he can't contact Bell on your behalf to get things done so that no PIE occur again.

Very sorry to hear you having to go through this again.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to IIgs

Wow, this is beyond ridiculous...

At this stage I'd just ditch DSL and go with cable.

IIgs
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

said by IIgs:

Are you freaking kidding me!
Well I know you're not, but my god.

I've sent your account info to our Escalations Manager.

I'll see if he can't contact Bell on your behalf to get things done so that no PIE occur again.

Very sorry to hear you having to go through this again.

Regards,
Martin

I already contacted David earlier today, and he's on it. Any additional attention and assistance is appreciated though!

There's a 12-6pm dispatch for tomorrow but I somehow doubt it will be resolved (in fact, I'm betting my POTS telephone line will be cut if this goes like last time).

I really would like this brought to the attention of someone higher up at Bell so there's not an endless repeat of PIE's. Some tech needs to be retrained, reprimanded or even fired, this is DEAD SERIOUS now. Once or twice is bad enough, but *4* service disruptions caused by human error?? Jesus christ, is Bell run by children?

FYI: Called 866-317-3382 and was told they cannot do anything for me, as I'm not a Bell Internet customer! I asked who I can speak to avoid repeat PIE's, and they said call and yell at Teksavvy!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

What needs to be done after this is resolved, is to request information from Bell that the port has been correctly identified and labelled in their various systems.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to IIgs

If your landline voice service goes along with it, you have a valid case.

And even then, the DSL line card is THEIR f*cking equipment!

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to IIgs

I think it's time to move to cable. Too bad Bell can't get their shit together.

IIgs
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

If your landline voice service goes along with it, you have a valid case.

And even then, the DSL line card is THEIR f*cking equipment!

A case? My landline voice service already went, if you look to the beginning of this thread you'll see during the last PIE in September, they disconnected my landline not once, but TWICE!

Labeling my port isn't a bad idea, but who the hell can I contact at Bell who not only gives a shit, but actually will take note of my issue? Most of their staff cannot even speak proper English and are scattered in different parts of the world and only deal with billing and orders. Seriously, if there is a person and department I can report this incompetence, I REALLY would like to know. The CRTC says they no longer serve me (I'm a regulated line) and the CCTS won't do a damn thing unless we're talking about a billing dispute.

And as for moving to cable, unfortunately it's a LOT more expensive than DSL, otherwise I'd probably go for that option. I pay about $57.50 (after taxes) for my landline and DSL.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to IIgs

Teksavvy after all this BS in good faith, should look at helping you over the cable and porting your number to their VOIP service. Cost wise, it should balance the same. I'm not sure how much Teksavvy can help you, but some discounts via install fees or something surely can be done... most customers after the 2nd time, would have left, regardless of who's fault it was.

Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to IIgs

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

WHAT ???!!!

Ridickulous !

Do you DRINK ?

NOW might be a good time to crack one (or three).

OR, look at this classic compilation from the movie Airplane.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-ScmGRMA