uniqs
share rss forum feed

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to IIgs

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

said by IIgs:

BELL HAS ONCE AGAIN DISCONNECTED MY TEKSAVVY INTERNET!!

Are you freaking kidding me!
Well I know you're not, but my god.

I've sent your account info to our Escalations Manager.

I'll see if he can't contact Bell on your behalf to get things done so that no PIE occur again.

Very sorry to hear you having to go through this again.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to IIgs

Wow, this is beyond ridiculous...

At this stage I'd just ditch DSL and go with cable.

IIgs
Premium
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:1
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

said by IIgs:

BELL HAS ONCE AGAIN DISCONNECTED MY TEKSAVVY INTERNET!!

Are you freaking kidding me!
Well I know you're not, but my god.

I've sent your account info to our Escalations Manager.

I'll see if he can't contact Bell on your behalf to get things done so that no PIE occur again.

Very sorry to hear you having to go through this again.

Regards,
Martin

I already contacted David earlier today, and he's on it. Any additional attention and assistance is appreciated though!

There's a 12-6pm dispatch for tomorrow but I somehow doubt it will be resolved (in fact, I'm betting my POTS telephone line will be cut if this goes like last time).

I really would like this brought to the attention of someone higher up at Bell so there's not an endless repeat of PIE's. Some tech needs to be retrained, reprimanded or even fired, this is DEAD SERIOUS now. Once or twice is bad enough, but *4* service disruptions caused by human error?? Jesus christ, is Bell run by children?

FYI: Called 866-317-3382 and was told they cannot do anything for me, as I'm not a Bell Internet customer! I asked who I can speak to avoid repeat PIE's, and they said call and yell at Teksavvy!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

What needs to be done after this is resolved, is to request information from Bell that the port has been correctly identified and labelled in their various systems.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to IIgs

If your landline voice service goes along with it, you have a valid case.

And even then, the DSL line card is THEIR f*cking equipment!

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to IIgs

I think it's time to move to cable. Too bad Bell can't get their shit together.

IIgs
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

If your landline voice service goes along with it, you have a valid case.

And even then, the DSL line card is THEIR f*cking equipment!

A case? My landline voice service already went, if you look to the beginning of this thread you'll see during the last PIE in September, they disconnected my landline not once, but TWICE!

Labeling my port isn't a bad idea, but who the hell can I contact at Bell who not only gives a shit, but actually will take note of my issue? Most of their staff cannot even speak proper English and are scattered in different parts of the world and only deal with billing and orders. Seriously, if there is a person and department I can report this incompetence, I REALLY would like to know. The CRTC says they no longer serve me (I'm a regulated line) and the CCTS won't do a damn thing unless we're talking about a billing dispute.

And as for moving to cable, unfortunately it's a LOT more expensive than DSL, otherwise I'd probably go for that option. I pay about $57.50 (after taxes) for my landline and DSL.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to IIgs

Teksavvy after all this BS in good faith, should look at helping you over the cable and porting your number to their VOIP service. Cost wise, it should balance the same. I'm not sure how much Teksavvy can help you, but some discounts via install fees or something surely can be done... most customers after the 2nd time, would have left, regardless of who's fault it was.

Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to IIgs

WHAT ???!!!

Ridickulous !

Do you DRINK ?

NOW might be a good time to crack one (or three).

OR, look at this classic compilation from the movie Airplane.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-ScmGRMA

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to IIgs

This is absolutely ridiculous and there needs to be some repercussions on Bell for crap like this. This sounds like a really ugly catch-22 and they will never man up because they can hide behind their hand puppet the CRTC...grrr

I agree with others that have a cable line might just be a better option. Given cable's shaky track record in my neck of the woods lately I am probably still recording better uptime than your 4 disconnections per month...how is that for sad.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

Well they don't actually have to hide behind the CRTC. They set the tariffs which specify no guarantee of quality of service or uptime to the end customer, and legally their contract is with TSI not the end customer. So the result is, Bell can do whatever they want while TSI and others have to fight to fix it.

Canuck

@reliablehosting.com

When I got Teksavvy dsl service I noticed Bell workers just wasting time and playing with my line. When it first got connected it was working but at 3 megs profile so I called in and got 6. But I saw a bell tech outside the day after and asked him what he was doing and mentioned about my line needed to be reorganized. At the time I had a dry loop and a separate phone line. Anyways he was just wasting time.
A few years ago my phone and internet completely cut out. Eventually phone and internet was resolved but I was getting dialup speeds. I saw the Bell tech just leaving and asked him why didn't he fix it properly. I asked him to look at the line again. I told him I was moved off the remote and instead connected to the main co and asked him to move me back but he refused. It took, it took 3 techs to fix the issue when one could have been.

The last time I lost internet completely for a day then I was removed from the remote again. Bell tech tried to come to my home when it wasn't the issue. He move back to remote and it couldn't connect for some reason so Bell had to play with the profile to get it working.

While I don't have proof but many Bell techs are not honest people. They are creating problems on purpose to cause more work. I don't know if they are paid by the the hour or by the call but it seems they are causing problems on purpose so maybe they can make more money or whatever reason.

I no longer trust Bell techs like I used to and I am sure next year it will happen again since it's been happening every year now since a few years ago.

Bell needs to fire some of the techs that's for sure. Some are good some are bad. It pisses me off that last tech said it wasn't his problem and call Bell to resolve it when he could have done it right there, he was a reading a book wasting time.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

As of right now Bell places priority on their own customers with access to remotes so if they need to remove a wholesale customer to provision a retail customer they can and will. Unless you pay for the VDSL2+ tier (25/7 connection) which they will only provision on a remote, they will not guarantee access to a remote on lower speed tiers. That's why you were removed and why the tech did not cooperate.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by mlerner:

As of right now Bell places priority on their own customers with access to remotes so if they need to remove a wholesale customer to provision a retail customer they can and will. Unless you pay for the VDSL2+ tier (25/7 connection) which they will only provision on a remote, they will not guarantee access to a remote on lower speed tiers. That's why you were removed and why the tech did not cooperate.

The ADSL2+ tiers also guarantee access to remotes. Only the legacy 6meg DSL and DSL basic are not guaranteed.
--

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by mlerner:

The ADSL2+ tiers also guarantee access to remotes. Only the legacy 6meg DSL and DSL basic are not guaranteed.

Not necessarily if the line is stable at the CO..

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit

said by mlerner:

said by HiVolt:

Not necessarily if the line is stable at the CO..

I am close enough to my CO that all of Bell, TSI, and START lookups for my address (or my former dry loop ghost number) say that I could have 15/1 (formerly 16/1) direct from the CO, and one of my neighbours in the same MDU has 15/1 from Acanac.

Bell would see no need to put remotes as close to a CO as WE are anyway, yes ?

BTW, Bell's fraudulent website lookup even says that I can have 15/10 - which I know to be wrong, because it does not also say that I can have 25/10.

BH#$ELL would wave their fucking 'UP TO' weasel-words fine-print garbage in my face if I ever ordered 15/10.

IIgs
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to IIgs

And things just get more fun....!

AS OF 3 PM, BELL CANADA HAS NOW DISCONNECTED MY POTS TELEPHONE LINE. I HAVE NO VOICE SERVICE -- NO DIAL-TONE. (oh, and hey, never got my Internet back during this mess).

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

So, this is the 5th service disruption. WTF!!

Anyone want to take bets on how long this is going to last? Two weeks, a month?

HAH, see, I said they would probably disconnect my phone line!

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by mlerner:

I think I'm the only person here/in Canada who has their ADSL2 served from the CO....I mean it helps that the CO is down the street....in a residential neighbourhood no less...

Reboot123

join:2012-07-05
Montreal, QC
reply to IIgs

I feel ya, in 2008, when I was with Bell (since like 2000). I did not have net for 5 whole weeks and every time they would say call back in 48 hours.

Edit: it was a defective item on their side, I think the card line.

ughbell

@sunwave.com.br
reply to IIgs

This happened to me a couple years ago and I'm a bell internet & phone customer. It went through the same circles of incompetence of losing dial tone(and having zero voltage on the line, it was physically pulled.) Until I got customer relations/office of the president involved nothing helped or got my service restored. If you have bell landline get them involved »support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Acco···omplaint has some directions.

While you're talking with someone high up calls you back, you can probably get them to get involved in your internet problem too despite not being directly a bell customer. They also have the power to issue you compensation, they gave me a couple months free for one disconnection. After 5 you probably wont be paying for your phone for a while.

It seems like everyone there is only following steps or procedures and no one cares enough(or aren't allowed) to go beyond what's directly in front of them. When big screw ups happen this breaks down even more and it all goes to crap until someone with the desire (or authority) to look deeper gets involved.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
reply to Mike2009

said by Mike2009:

I think it's time to move to cable. Too bad Bell can't get their shit together.

Too bad Robbers keeps cutting people off.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to nitzguy

That;s the reason why, my CO is a couple of miles away (as the crow flies) but the remote is at the bottom of the street.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to IIgs

I guess Marc's conversation with the upper level boys didn't go so well (or didn't flow down to the field where it's SOP, "Disconnect all non bell customers".

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by elwoodblues:

I guess Marc's conversation with the upper level boys didn't go so well (or didn't flow down to the field where it's SOP, "Disconnect all non bell customers".

Last time, by the time they looked into it IIgs was already back online.

I poked them again last night.. minutes after IIgs posted.. I PM'd him about it..

I'm following closely
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to nitzguy

said by nitzguy:

said by HiVolt:

said by mlerner:

I think I'm the only person here/in Canada who has their ADSL2 served from the CO....I mean it helps that the CO is down the street....in a residential neighbourhood no less...

No you're not the only one. Way back when where VDSL2 wasn't out yet, a lot of people were served by the CO.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

said by mlerner:

No you're not the only one. Way back when where VDSL2 wasn't out yet, a lot of people were served by the CO.

And I just posted that my next door neighbour does.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to ughbell

said by ughbell :

This happened to me a couple years ago and I'm a bell internet & phone customer. It went through the same circles of incompetence of losing dial tone(and having zero voltage on the line, it was physically pulled.) Until I got customer relations/office of the president involved nothing helped or got my service restored. If you have bell landline get them involved »support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Acco···omplaint has some directions.

While you're talking with someone high up calls you back, you can probably get them to get involved in your internet problem too despite not being directly a bell customer. They also have the power to issue you compensation, they gave me a couple months free for one disconnection. After 5 you probably wont be paying for your phone for a while.

Agreed 1000% and also since landline voice service is regulated, Bell is legally obligated to get you back up and running ASAP along with compensation.