Search similar:

uniqs

IIgs
Premium Member
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

IIgs

Premium Member

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

Update...

Spent literally the entire day trying to voice my concerns with Bell about this situation repeating itself. I simply said I want this issue reported and investigated to avoid a repeat. Got yelled at, hung up on, got promises I was being transferred to managers (and then hung up on), transferred to countless wrong departments, told they cannot speak English, and other fun stuff.

The semi-good news is, as of 9 PM both my voice telephone line and DSL are back up. HOWEVER, I'm currently on a 1 Mbit profile, or possibly reconnected to a remote DSLAM.

The tech came by my apartment at 7 pm to run a loop test, disappeared, and then came back at 9 pm. He insisted several times my phone line is now restored, but NOT the Internet. I showed him my modem had sync, but he insisted it wouldn't work--someone is "fixing" that tomorrow morning. If I'm extremely lucky MAYBE they'll put my profile back up to 6 Mbit, and if not, then they'll just disconnect my DSL and telephone line again. That's what Bell does.

I should mention the tech could not speak a WORD of English. So I couldn't quite get a proper explanation as to what happened this time around. As an added bonus, I honestly do not think this guy baths regularly and left a strong body odor in my apartment. Bad enough I had to open my windows to air out the smell, I am being totally serious here.

So, telephone is back. DSL is only partial back. So will they pull me out of service again tomorrow morning, with that work order still pending. I'd bet on it.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by IIgs:

Update...

Spent literally the entire day....

So, SMELL telephone, then.

Surely Bell did not NEED to send a tech whose aroma reinforced what you already think of their company.

OY !

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
said by IIgs:

Update...

I should mention the tech could not speak a WORD of English. So I couldn't quite get a proper explanation as to what happened this time around. As an added bonus, I honestly do not think this guy baths regularly and left a strong body odor in my apartment. Bad enough I had to open my windows to air out the smell, I am being totally serious here.

I would him out the door,but then you'd still be down.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
How are things going, IIgs?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

If you aren't afraid to jinx any positive developments (again), tell us wassup ?
padenom
join:2008-03-28
Montreal, QC

padenom to IIgs

to IIgs
I hear your plight Iigs. I thought I had to go through a lot last Oct when I was off for 10 whole days (dry loop DSL only, no POTS line). But after reading this thread ...yes I went through it completely.... I think I was lucky. Haven't gotten back my 6mbps yet. So posted details* today. Hoping that your issue gets resolved for good soon.

Also I sincerely hope that TSI doesn't tell you that you will get reimbursed only for the days that you didn't get the service. You deserve at least 3months free DSL.

* - only brief description »[DSL] Bandwith issues with $wholesale operators - connundrum because if I went through the details of the phone calls with TSI/Bell and their techies, I would have to spend at least a couple of hours writing it.

IIgs
Premium Member
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

IIgs to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango
said by Mango:

How are things going, IIgs?

Sorry for being silent, I literally had to walk away from all this (as in leave my apartment!) and take a break over the weekend. The absolute hell and stress this has put me through is unmeasurable.

Everything with my line back to normal, for the time being anyway. On Friday morning my DSL was back up to 6 Mbit and the voice portion of my telephone line fully operational. I'm noticing my speeds a bit wonky tonight (jumping between 400-650K) but that may likely be an issue on TSI's side of things. Particuarly as it seems to drastically improve after midnight.

I seriously do NOT trust this has been resolved. I expect at any time now, my line will be pulled for the 6th time because of human error (or sabotage, or whatever crap imaginable is going on at BHell). I spent the better part of Friday making calls to report this to the higher ups at Bell, but I may as well have been talking to monkeys at the zoo, or to my wall. There is no system in place to report this kind of thing...NOTHING. The best I could get, from *1* empathic agent (the rest were about as apathetic as could be!), was a suggestion to write a postal-mail letter to the "Bell Canada Executive Office of Customer Relations" in Toronto. I take it that's the adult equivalent of writing to Santa Claus.

I really think taking this to the media is necessary, if only to bring to light how serious flawed and dangerous Bell Canada has become. I say dangerous because if I should have a medical emergency now or in the near future, I am completely f*cked because cutting both my phone or Internet for several days at a time, at random, leaves me in a very helpless situation!
LondonOntGuy
join:2004-05-12
London, ON

LondonOntGuy

I wouldn't bother with CTV Montreal, since Hell owns them and all, they're not going to expose themselves as incompetent now. There's a CBC station there is there not? You'll probably have better luck with them.
Expand your moderator at work
BrianV
join:2008-11-17
Long Sault, ON

BrianV to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

Or Sun News....

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
IIgs,

Official word from Bell;

"We have identified that each of these disconnects in error were the result of a systems/records issue that unfortunately did not get identified until this most recent service outage. The High-Speed Tool or inventory system that we use for DSL provisioning had identified the port assigned to your customer as ‘not in service’. Our internal and field techs work from this system in their assignment of resources to new services. Even after the first pull in error, this root issue did not get identified….the changes were made but were overridden by the central inventory system. It has been fully updated as of last week when service was restored. In addition, our provisioning process team are reviewing this to identify any process gaps that may have attributed to the original issue or would explain why the database issue was not identified following the original pull in error on Sept 3rd."

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Has Bell offered any credits or discounts for their stupidity?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I asked last time and the answer was "no".

I'll ask again.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

I wouldn't bother with CTV Montreal, since Hell owns them and all, they're not going to expose themselves as incompetent now. There's a CBC station there is there not? You'll probably have better luck with them.

With Rogers owning CITYtv/OMNI, SHAW owning GLOBAL and Bell Owning CTV/CTV TWO I doubt you will get much attention sadly, as they don't speak bad about each other. CBC, and maybe the few others like CHCH may touch it, but sadly will fall on deaf ears, because the inability to get on media as a wide scale.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I asked last time and the answer was "no".

I'll ask again.

LOL, wow... Sheer incompetence, and then utter ignorance.

No wonder they're bleeding customers left and right...
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

said by Mike2009:

I think it's time to move to cable. Too bad Bell can't get their shit together.

Too bad Robbers keeps cutting people off.

Actually you seem to see more stories about the DSL via Bell being cut over ROGERS. Rogers seems to have fixed it mostly by adding TAGS to the lines running to a TPIA client.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to koreyb

Premium Member

to koreyb
For what it's worth, I do believe I'm getting somewhere with the Bell higher ups I'm talking with. Frankly, if I'm going to get anywhere with them, it would certainly be better to not have this escalate via those routes... It would surely cut my legs out from under me...

This has no doubt been very upsetting and disruptive.. I don't want to presume to be telling anybody what to do.. I do feel that we did everything we possibly could throughout...

I'll keep working it from my end, obviously if it happens again but it does sound Ike they've gotten to the bottom of it now.