share rss forum feed

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

1 recommendation

reply to IIgs

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

IIgs,

Official word from Bell;

"We have identified that each of these disconnects in error were the result of a systems/records issue that unfortunately did not get identified until this most recent service outage. The High-Speed Tool or inventory system that we use for DSL provisioning had identified the port assigned to your customer as ‘not in service’. Our internal and field techs work from this system in their assignment of resources to new services. Even after the first pull in error, this root issue did not get identified….the changes were made but were overridden by the central inventory system. It has been fully updated as of last week when service was restored. In addition, our provisioning process team are reviewing this to identify any process gaps that may have attributed to the original issue or would explain why the database issue was not identified following the original pull in error on Sept 3rd."
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Has Bell offered any credits or discounts for their stupidity?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

I asked last time and the answer was "no".

I'll ask again.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to LondonOntGuy

said by LondonOntGuy:

I wouldn't bother with CTV Montreal, since Hell owns them and all, they're not going to expose themselves as incompetent now. There's a CBC station there is there not? You'll probably have better luck with them.

With Rogers owning CITYtv/OMNI, SHAW owning GLOBAL and Bell Owning CTV/CTV TWO I doubt you will get much attention sadly, as they don't speak bad about each other. CBC, and maybe the few others like CHCH may touch it, but sadly will fall on deaf ears, because the inability to get on media as a wide scale.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

I asked last time and the answer was "no".

I'll ask again.

LOL, wow... Sheer incompetence, and then utter ignorance.

No wonder they're bleeding customers left and right...
--

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to LondonOntGuy

said by LondonOntGuy:

said by Mike2009:

I think it's time to move to cable. Too bad Bell can't get their shit together.

Too bad Robbers keeps cutting people off.

Actually you seem to see more stories about the DSL via Bell being cut over ROGERS. Rogers seems to have fixed it mostly by adding TAGS to the lines running to a TPIA client.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to koreyb

For what it's worth, I do believe I'm getting somewhere with the Bell higher ups I'm talking with. Frankly, if I'm going to get anywhere with them, it would certainly be better to not have this escalate via those routes... It would surely cut my legs out from under me...

This has no doubt been very upsetting and disruptive.. I don't want to presume to be telling anybody what to do.. I do feel that we did everything we possibly could throughout...

I'll keep working it from my end, obviously if it happens again but it does sound Ike they've gotten to the bottom of it now.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy