uniqs
share rss forum feed

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to jibby

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

It's all fairly recent in the past year or so. I do think too though that in some cases its simply an incompetent field tech. From what I understand BTS has hired something like 1000 new workers in the last year or two. We will be addressing these issues soon though, these are things that ebb and flow spanning years... Years ago, it was great, then it was terrible, then it was great... We have to work through it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

llort

@rogers.com
reply to IIgs
Do you think Bell has technicians just waiting on your every beck and call to fix your troubles as soon as you call in? Bell serves thousands upon thousands of customers and repair tickets must follow a process in order to get resolved.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by llort :

Do you think Bell has technicians just waiting on your every beck and call to fix your troubles as soon as you call in? Bell serves thousands upon thousands of customers and repair tickets must follow a process in order to get resolved.

Yeah. I do. We used to be able to call in and sometimes same day it would get fixed. To be offline for an entire week? Come on. TekSavvy has thousands upon thousands of customers too, it's a matter of staffing appropriately and having the will to make right where mistakes have been made... There will always be mistakes but it's how you deal with them.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
reply to Tx
said by Tx:

if i'm being realistic, i find the biggest issue is half of the "contractors" they hire don't give two shits about what they do. Several good ones but not the same care.

I remember the two jokers they sent when I moved into my soon to be former apt. I hadn't moved everything in yet and they were snickering that I didn't have much of anything, and I was only testing the connection with one of my netbooks.

They said they were 'summer students'.

Sending some high school pissants to do a job that requires a technician, typical Bell. Just like them outsourcing to India for their phone support.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by LondonOntGuy:

said by Tx:

if i'm being realistic, i find the biggest issue is half of the "contractors" they hire don't give two shits about what they do. Several good ones but not the same care.

I remember the two jokers they sent when I moved into my soon to be former apt. I hadn't moved everything in yet and they were snickering that I didn't have much of anything, and I was only testing the connection with one of my netbooks.

They said they were 'summer students'.

Sending some high school pissants to do a job that requires a technician, typical Bell. Just like them outsourcing to India for their phone support.

my point exactly. I was talking to a Rogers tech directly employed when they installed my home monitoring and he understands himself why they act like idiots because they literally get paid half of what he does and only per hour on a work order until completed, so they like to dick around.

Rogers tech was a good guy surprisingly and agreed the contractors should all be fired as they (the directly employed techs) always have to fix their mistakes.

Don't get me wrong there are several great guys working as sub-contractors but they are the minority.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by llort :

Yeah. I do. We used to be able to call in and sometimes same day it would get fixed. To be offline for an entire week? Come on. TekSavvy has thousands upon thousands of customers too, it's a matter of staffing appropriately and having the will to make right where mistakes have been made... There will always be mistakes but it's how you deal with them.

+1 for standing up for your customer...effin love it even if that wasn't your point :P
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Tx

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

tx.. I was standing up for him and all of you/us. Its sad these days that a week offline needs to be defended against at all. ...defending against the absurd.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

1 recommendation

I totally agree with you Marc. In this day and age a week to get your connection back is crazy. Funny that they can come same day for a phone issue but not DSL. Time to make internet access an essential service.

llort

@rogers.com
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by llort :

It's too easy for your customers to be offline for an entire week. On those repair tickets when the trouble condition proves past the dmarc and Bell walks away, just how long will the sub have to wait for another tech to come fix the inside?

ruwell

@bell.ca
reply to TSI Marc
marc are you out of your mind....bell sits around waiting for your call....if your getting that big like primus did roll your own trucks....your showing the im a big guy company when your a spot in the dark. your going the way of an isp that many of us here knew a whole lot about...doncaster ?????? your getting so arrogant that your losing clients bigtime....just go back to the basics provide internet access...you want to look at something to follow as a business .....get a hold of the magma way of doing things....they did it right the first time and never looked back

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by ruwell :

get a hold of the magma way of doing things....they did it right the first time and never looked back

Then sold us out to Primus and turned magic into shit.

Get a grip.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Make The Switch - »openmedia.ca/switch

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Where's IIgs? Still no comment on whether his service is truly back to normal.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to llort
said by llort :

said by TSI Marc:

said by llort :

It's too easy for your customers to be offline for an entire week. On those repair tickets when the trouble condition proves past the dmarc and Bell walks away, just how long will the sub have to wait for another tech to come fix the inside?

Hurm, The card was pulled. Nothing to do with anybody other then a mistake by the field tech.

As far it being too easy for our subs to be offline... Why would that be any different then any other sub going to them? They all have all sorts of problems and they all need to be sorted out.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to ruwell
said by ruwell :

marc are you out of your mind....bell sits around waiting for your call....if your getting that big like primus did roll your own trucks....your showing the im a big guy company when your a spot in the dark. your going the way of an isp that many of us here knew a whole lot about...doncaster ?????? your getting so arrogant that your losing clients bigtime....just go back to the basics provide internet access...you want to look at something to follow as a business .....get a hold of the magma way of doing things....they did it right the first time and never looked back

Why is it arrogant to expect to get reasonable support for something we're paying top dollar for? I'm sorry, I totally disagree with you and I don't feel I'm being arrogant in the least.

5 years ago, we used to get much better support, we were much much smaller then. In a situation like this where we had a field tech make a mistake and combined with our being on it and pushing it right from the get go, I remember it, I remember in many cases they would find a way to go back and fix it the same day. I pushed it straight to our escalations team and still it took a week. This just didn't happen back then. There should be a way to escalate these kinds of mistakes in their procedures and just out of pride, the tech that made the mistake should want to go back and fix their mistake. This is what's wrong these days, there's no pride. I've been selling DSL since 2002 directly from them and I have seen it better. Why is it such a bad thing to expect similar now?

I don't understand how you think any of this is arrogant.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I totally agree with you Marc. In this day and age a week to get your connection back is crazy. Funny that they can come same day for a phone issue but not DSL.

Time to make Internet access an essential service !

+1 ! - Approved !

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
said by Davesnothere:

+1 ! - Approved !

+1 ! - Rubber Stamp Approved !

Mike

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by dillyhammer:

said by Davesnothere:

+1 ! - Approved !

+1 ! - Rubber Stamp Approved !

Wait - are those not what the CRTC uses ?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by Davesnothere:

Wait - are those not what the CRTC uses ?

Them be the ones.

But seriously, if the CRTC does not think internet service is essential, turn it all off for a week, watch what happens.

Our economy and the core of our society depends on internet access. More now than ever.

It is absolutely essential.

The more the CRTC allows these shenanigans to continue, the more our economy suffers.

Them the facts.

Mike
--

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
Well actually, the majority of businesses are still based offline considering retail and financial are the biggest and financial institutions mainly use closed networks. There would be a lot of businesses affected but the economy would survive for a week.

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Many work from home so it would have a huge impact.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
Bill payments. Business connections. Small business and home businesses would suffer big time. Irreparably. Payment systems and terminals. ATMs.

Survive perhaps. Just barely. Not for long either.

All hell would break loose.

It's very much a big piece of the core fabric of our society. I can't imagine how anyone could argue against this, or not see this.

Mike
--

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
I agree, it would be pandemonium as we've been so conditioned to make purchases, handle our finances and do transactions with plastic. It would not be good.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to Mike2009
Big impact yes but again a lot of processes are paper based and many companies still use faxes so the bulk of the economy would survive. It's just that things like electronic payments would be delayed or unavailable for a period of time.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to IIgs
It's increased productivity but created a lazy society lol

prairiesky

join:2008-12-08
canada
kudos:2
reply to IIgs
me thinks you don't understand the meaning of essential service.....

would there be a lot less convience for a week, yes, but would things fall apart, no.

Water - need to live
sewer - prevents disease from spreading
electricity - need heat in winter
phone - 911 emergency service.
not being able to pay your cc bill from the comfort of your easy chair, no so essential.

Me thinks that if that essential to your life, it's probably worth more than $50 a month.... How much are you willing to pay for it to be "essential"

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by prairiesky:

me thinks you don't understand the meaning of essential service.....

would there be a lot less convience for a week, yes, but would things fall apart, no.

Water - need to live
sewer - prevents disease from spreading
electricity - need heat in winter
phone - 911 emergency service.
not being able to pay your cc bill from the comfort of your easy chair, no so essential.

Me thinks that if that essential to your life, it's probably worth more than $50 a month.... How much are you willing to pay for it to be "essential"

TTC was deemed essential... it's not a means where as you'd die without. TTC as is internet are in the same category

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
reply to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I agree, it would be pandemonium as we've been so conditioned to make purchases, handle our finances and do transactions with plastic. It would not be good.

It would especially be catastrophic to have an interruption during the Christmas rush.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by milnoc:

said by Mike2009:

It would especially be catastrophic to have an interruption during the Christmas rush.

Anytime really. I never have cash on me so if I needed some as all ATMs were down it would be a problem.

anon234

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc
What a horror story. What scares me is that it could happen to anyone that subscribes to a third party reseller.

Are there no SLA's and penalties in place for this kind of lacklustre performance?
An an example my company's offshore development provider pays penalties if they miss their SLA's two months in a row.