spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ruwell
@bell.ca

ruwell to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

marc are you out of your mind....bell sits around waiting for your call....if your getting that big like primus did roll your own trucks....your showing the im a big guy company when your a spot in the dark. your going the way of an isp that many of us here knew a whole lot about...doncaster ?????? your getting so arrogant that your losing clients bigtime....just go back to the basics provide internet access...you want to look at something to follow as a business .....get a hold of the magma way of doing things....they did it right the first time and never looked back

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by ruwell :

get a hold of the magma way of doing things....they did it right the first time and never looked back

Then sold us out to Primus and turned magic into shit.

Get a grip.

Mike

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Where's IIgs? Still no comment on whether his service is truly back to normal.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to llort

Premium Member

to llort
said by llort :

said by TSI Marc:

said by llort :

Do you think Bell has technicians just waiting on your every beck and call to fix your troubles as soon as you call in? Bell serves thousands upon thousands of customers and repair tickets must follow a process in order to get resolved.

Yeah. I do. We used to be able to call in and sometimes same day it would get fixed. To be offline for an entire week? Come on. TekSavvy has thousands upon thousands of customers too, it's a matter of staffing appropriately and having the will to make right where mistakes have been made... There will always be mistakes but it's how you deal with them.

It's too easy for your customers to be offline for an entire week. On those repair tickets when the trouble condition proves past the dmarc and Bell walks away, just how long will the sub have to wait for another tech to come fix the inside?

Hurm, The card was pulled. Nothing to do with anybody other then a mistake by the field tech.

As far it being too easy for our subs to be offline... Why would that be any different then any other sub going to them? They all have all sorts of problems and they all need to be sorted out.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to ruwell

Premium Member

to ruwell
said by ruwell :

marc are you out of your mind....bell sits around waiting for your call....if your getting that big like primus did roll your own trucks....your showing the im a big guy company when your a spot in the dark. your going the way of an isp that many of us here knew a whole lot about...doncaster ?????? your getting so arrogant that your losing clients bigtime....just go back to the basics provide internet access...you want to look at something to follow as a business .....get a hold of the magma way of doing things....they did it right the first time and never looked back

Why is it arrogant to expect to get reasonable support for something we're paying top dollar for? I'm sorry, I totally disagree with you and I don't feel I'm being arrogant in the least.

5 years ago, we used to get much better support, we were much much smaller then. In a situation like this where we had a field tech make a mistake and combined with our being on it and pushing it right from the get go, I remember it, I remember in many cases they would find a way to go back and fix it the same day. I pushed it straight to our escalations team and still it took a week. This just didn't happen back then. There should be a way to escalate these kinds of mistakes in their procedures and just out of pride, the tech that made the mistake should want to go back and fix their mistake. This is what's wrong these days, there's no pride. I've been selling DSL since 2002 directly from them and I have seen it better. Why is it such a bad thing to expect similar now?

I don't understand how you think any of this is arrogant.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I totally agree with you Marc. In this day and age a week to get your connection back is crazy. Funny that they can come same day for a phone issue but not DSL.

Time to make Internet access an essential service !

+1 ! - Approved !

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

+1 ! - Approved !

+1 ! - Rubber Stamp Approved !

Mike

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by dillyhammer:

said by Davesnothere:

+1 ! - Approved !

+1 ! - Rubber Stamp Approved !

Wait - are those not what the CRTC uses ?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

Wait - are those not what the CRTC uses ?

Them be the ones.

But seriously, if the CRTC does not think internet service is essential, turn it all off for a week, watch what happens.

Our economy and the core of our society depends on internet access. More now than ever.

It is absolutely essential.

The more the CRTC allows these shenanigans to continue, the more our economy suffers.

Them the facts.

Mike

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Well actually, the majority of businesses are still based offline considering retail and financial are the biggest and financial institutions mainly use closed networks. There would be a lot of businesses affected but the economy would survive for a week.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Many work from home so it would have a huge impact.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

Bill payments. Business connections. Small business and home businesses would suffer big time. Irreparably. Payment systems and terminals. ATMs.

Survive perhaps. Just barely. Not for long either.

All hell would break loose.

It's very much a big piece of the core fabric of our society. I can't imagine how anyone could argue against this, or not see this.

Mike

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

I agree, it would be pandemonium as we've been so conditioned to make purchases, handle our finances and do transactions with plastic. It would not be good.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
Big impact yes but again a lot of processes are paper based and many companies still use faxes so the bulk of the economy would survive. It's just that things like electronic payments would be delayed or unavailable for a period of time.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
It's increased productivity but created a lazy society lol
prairiesky
join:2008-12-08
canada

prairiesky to IIgs

to IIgs
me thinks you don't understand the meaning of essential service.....

would there be a lot less convience for a week, yes, but would things fall apart, no.

Water - need to live
sewer - prevents disease from spreading
electricity - need heat in winter
phone - 911 emergency service.
not being able to pay your cc bill from the comfort of your easy chair, no so essential.

Me thinks that if that essential to your life, it's probably worth more than $50 a month.... How much are you willing to pay for it to be "essential"

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by prairiesky:

me thinks you don't understand the meaning of essential service.....

would there be a lot less convience for a week, yes, but would things fall apart, no.

Water - need to live
sewer - prevents disease from spreading
electricity - need heat in winter
phone - 911 emergency service.
not being able to pay your cc bill from the comfort of your easy chair, no so essential.

Me thinks that if that essential to your life, it's probably worth more than $50 a month.... How much are you willing to pay for it to be "essential"

TTC was deemed essential... it's not a means where as you'd die without. TTC as is internet are in the same category

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to Mike2009

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I agree, it would be pandemonium as we've been so conditioned to make purchases, handle our finances and do transactions with plastic. It would not be good.

It would especially be catastrophic to have an interruption during the Christmas rush.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

said by milnoc:

said by Mike2009:

It would especially be catastrophic to have an interruption during the Christmas rush.

Anytime really. I never have cash on me so if I needed some as all ATMs were down it would be a problem.

anon234
@teksavvy.com

anon234 to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
What a horror story. What scares me is that it could happen to anyone that subscribes to a third party reseller.

Are there no SLA's and penalties in place for this kind of lacklustre performance?
An an example my company's offshore development provider pays penalties if they miss their SLA's two months in a row.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Residential and wholesale services generally provide no SLA. Hell not even Bell's business DSL provides much of an SLA.

milnoc
Ottawa

milnoc

But SLA or not, there's no reason to DISCONNECT the service of a good standing customer. This isn't a case of an equipment breakdown or a natural event cutting off your service where the "best effort" clause MIGHT be valid (it's still weasel words). This is either an act of MALICE or INCOMPETENCE. It simply can't be anything else.

And under such circumstances, reparations are in order.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

The problem is proving it, as you would need for a legal case. There's nothing to say they didn't accidentally disconnect or a faulty line card etc.

milnoc
Ottawa

milnoc

So why didn't they reconnect the line after the repair? The tech was in the building when I confronted him, on a Sunday, at 6:45 PM.

Even more important, how could my line be working properly one second, and be completely dead the other? I was watching This Week in Tech, a live Internet broadcast delivering a constant stream. If there were any problems, the stream would have easily been interrupted.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc
said by milnoc:

But SLA or not, there's no reason to DISCONNECT the service of a good standing customer. This isn't a case of an equipment breakdown or a natural event cutting off your service where the "best effort" clause MIGHT be valid (it's still weasel words). This is either an act of MALICE or INCOMPETENCE. It simply can't be anything else.

And under such circumstances, reparations are in order.

Perhaps there was incorrect documentation on your line, which was the result of human error...that would not be MALICE or INCOMPETENCE....but simple clerical error.

When I moved into my apartment I had ordered ADSL2+ 16/1 service.....it wasn't scheduled to be connected until late march....on March 15th when I moved in, I had a DSL sync 3008/800 when I plugged in my DSL modem....

Obviously there's some sort of error as there was a line card that was there and active...because the previous tenants had Cable internet/phone as I saw the equipment installed when I did a walkthrough of the place before I rented it and then the associated Cable company bills that arrived in my mailbox as they obviously didn't pay any of the final bills and never forwarded an address...

So that being said, obviously line cards are not correctly identified at the Remote/CO...so again that's not malice or incompetence. Especially in an apartment building, wires are not properly tagged...so just need to chalk it up to a case of human error....I had that happen with the FRO....should I then sue them for that incompetenece as well? Yeah good luck..

milnoc
Ottawa

1 recommendation

milnoc

said by nitzguy:

Perhaps there was incorrect documentation on your line, which was the result of human error...that would not be MALICE or INCOMPETENCE....but simple clerical error.

Based on the endless stream of posts concerning line disconnections here, that's a heck of a lot of clerical errors!
Gab
Premium Member
join:2012-03-23
Quebec, QC

Gab to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
I also had a similar story as well. Some bhell guy randomly moved our line further than it was previously (It connects to the box on our neighbor's lawn normally) and we had some really shitty connection. I couldn't even connect to internet, the modem wouldn't sync at all, while the phone line (with bhell) had really really a lot of interferences. We could barely make a call!

Another time, they lowered my speed profile to something like 3/.5 Mbps while I was supposed to be the 16/1 profile. It took nearly a week before a bhell tech showed up to verify my line and change my profile back to where it was supposed to be.

Anyways, even my parents really hate them now (it's even funny, they start blaming them a lot) and they're around 47 years old.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc
said by milnoc:

said by nitzguy:

Based on the endless stream of posts concerning line disconnections here, that's a heck of a lot of clerical errors!

It might just be MY thought, and I could be completely in left field here, but is this not true ?

CLERICAL ERROR = INCOMPETENCE

....especially if it is so prevalent.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Mike2009

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

Is this happening more lately or are we just more aware because of a few recent discussions here?

im not getting more then 60Kbytes downspeed tonight
interesting

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Speeds are crap here tonight as well.