Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

1 edit

[DVR] TV Outage in NYC

There is an outage in NYC . There is NO ESPN and many more channels. According to FIOS,they are working to restore as quickly as possible.

loli
Premium
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY
Everything out as well here. Thank god still got internet though.
--
Verizon FiOS 35/35 | »bit.ly/PTg8Qn

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to FIOS4cable
Nothing here either. For 45 minutes. I'm in Manhattan, midtown East.

Every single channel has the same message: This channel is currently unavailable.

The message gives me two options.

Press B on my remote to troubleshoot, which I did.

My set-top box rebooted, but took me right back to the same message.

The other option was to call an 866 number it listed on the screen. It told me, once connected, to give them something called a quick code. Which I did.

It then asked me for my unit address. That was also listed in the onscreen message, so I gave them that as well.

After about 30 to 60 seconds, it informed me that it could not find my account information. It told me it was going to put me on hold and transfer me to a live person.

I've now been on hold for 45 minutes.

The outage happened to me a minute or two after midnight, I believe.

Everyone having the same experience?

Anyone have any idea whether or not it's a situation where the service is back in operation but there's a magic procedure I have to do at my end to re-access it?

Thanks.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
said by criggs:

I've now been on hold for 45 minutes.

The outage happened to me a minute or two after midnight, I believe.

Anyone have any idea whether or not it's a situation where the service is back in operation but there's a magic procedure I have to do at my end to re-access it?

Thanks.

As the OP had reported, there's an outage. There's no need to be on hold. There's nothing to do but wait for it to come back.

loli
Premium
South Richmond Hill, NY
reply to criggs
said by criggs:

Blackout Just look at twitter, looks like all of NYC is pissed.

Anyone with Verizon wireless service having problems? I don't have VZW but looks like some people experiencing issues there too so far.

criggs

New York, NY
What's Verizon Fios' Twitter account, please? Or is there a hash tag yet?

MacAlert

join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY
@verizonsupport

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to FIOS4cable
Yep. All national content is down. Only locals are working right now on my TiVo.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

criggs

New York, NY
reply to MacAlert
Thanks.

rv81

@verizon.net
reply to criggs
Yes I am having the exact same problem on Long Island. It also seem to start right after midnight, was TBS dvred and when I went to live TV I got the same error message on that channel. Most other channels like ESPN, HBO and Starz seems to be having the same problem. I called the number as well and got no assistance.

Torrid Zone

join:2009-06-13
Carmel, NY
reply to FIOS4cable
There goes Key Largo tonight on TCM. I'll have to get it the next time I guess.

criggs

New York, NY
reply to rv81
I went to Twitter, @verizonsupport. I tweeted and they told me to Follow them and then Direct Message. I did so and am waiting for their reply.

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
Okay, got a reply, the first official communication from them at all. Here it is:

"Sorry for the delayed response,getting swamped with ?'s about the issue...They are currently working to restore the channels,no ETA yet^jr"

I'd like to post this on Twitter, but am not Twitter savvy. What do I do so that folks who do not follow me see my tweet? If I create a hash tag, is that the way to do it? Thanks.

FIOS4cable

NYC
Verizon wireless is working fine in NYC.

loli
Premium
South Richmond Hill, NY
reply to criggs
said by criggs:

Okay, got a reply, the first official communication from them at all. Here it is:

"Sorry for the delayed response,getting swamped with ?'s about the issue...They are currently working to restore the channels,no ETA yet^jr"

I'd like to post this on Twitter, but am not Twitter savvy. What do I do so that folks who do not follow me see my tweet? If I create a hash tag, is that the way to do it? Thanks.

What's the point? They already know what's going on, another tweet isn't going to push them to fix it faster.
--
Verizon FiOS 35/35 | »bit.ly/PTg8Qn

criggs

New York, NY
What difference does it make to you?

Bytezboy

join:2001-05-17
New York, NY
reply to FIOS4cable
First major outage in NYC?

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to FIOS4cable
Since most of the NYC is missing the majority of our channels, I just want to know if we're getting a discount on our bill or something??

Any chance or hope

loli
Premium
South Richmond Hill, NY
reply to criggs
said by criggs:

What difference does it make to you?

What difference does it make to you? Use google if you can't figure out Twitter or the official Verizon forums. No harm to me if you get annoyed at me or not

criggs

New York, NY
You're so helpful.

FIOS4cable

NYC
hope this help u

. BUILD A VOICE: Retweet, reply, react

Use existing information (other people's Tweets) on Twitter to find your own voice and show others what you care about. Retweet messages you've found and love, or @reply with your reaction to a Tweet you find interesting. Tip: If you're a new user, others are more likely to find your messages if they are Retweets or @replies.

Once you're ready to begin authoring your own messages, consider mentioning other users by their Twitter username (preceded by the @ sign) in your Tweets. This can help you think of what to write, will draw more eyes to your message, and can even start a new conversation. Try posting a message mentioning a celebrity or person you admire – they often respond to fans. You’ll see their response on your Mentions tab. Tip: Can’t think of anything to write? You don't have to. The real magic lies in your reading of content on Twitter.

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to criggs
You could also click on share topic on the top of the page. Just click on the twitter icon.

criggs

New York, NY
Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately I see no sign of the twitter icon. I just see Home, Connect and Discover. I'm sure it's right there, but I'm missing it, probably because I don't know Twitter.

FIOS4cable

NYC
Do you see share topic? under ISP news ?

criggs

New York, NY
I don't even see ISP news unfortunately.

FIOS4cable

NYC
Do you see the Broadband dslreports.com icon ?

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to criggs
Here this should help you , just cut and paste this link ,Share a link with your followers

[DVR] TV Outage in NYC | DSLReports.com, ISP Information »[DVR] TV Outage in NYC

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
Oooooohhh, I see what's going on. You thought I was asking how to take the stuff from here and post it on Twitter.

No, no.

I would like to post a separate tweet on Twitter consisting of the content in the private DM message that Verizon Fios sent me. And I would like to do it in such a way that my tweet is not only visible to folks who follow me but to all who are looking for tweets with the word FIOS.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

1 edit
May not be related, on VHO7 FOX5 on 5 and 505 is off.
I just rebooted my QIP 7100 STB and it's stuck on" Initial download in progress" screen and no time on the clock.

lawn guyland

@verizon.net
The TV outage has hit Long Island as well (Kings Park, NY). My guess is that the satellite feed for all the cable programming is out, and that's why we can get "analog" channels (2-31, 473), but none of the "cable" programming, like MSNBC (603).

Also of note, there was a huge solar flare in the past hour. You can google "solar flare", (set search for "past hour"). Here's a link about the flare: »www.solarwatcher.net/index.php?o···ewsflash

Still on hold with Verizon; mebbe I'll hang up....