share rss forum feed

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC
reply to criggs

Re: [DVR] TV Outage in NYC

hope this help u

. BUILD A VOICE: Retweet, reply, react

Use existing information (other people's Tweets) on Twitter to find your own voice and show others what you care about. Retweet messages you've found and love, or @reply with your reaction to a Tweet you find interesting. Tip: If you're a new user, others are more likely to find your messages if they are Retweets or @replies.

Once you're ready to begin authoring your own messages, consider mentioning other users by their Twitter username (preceded by the @ sign) in your Tweets. This can help you think of what to write, will draw more eyes to your message, and can even start a new conversation. Try posting a message mentioning a celebrity or person you admire – they often respond to fans. You’ll see their response on your Mentions tab. Tip: Can’t think of anything to write? You don't have to. The real magic lies in your reading of content on Twitter.

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to criggs

You could also click on share topic on the top of the page. Just click on the twitter icon.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately I see no sign of the twitter icon. I just see Home, Connect and Discover. I'm sure it's right there, but I'm missing it, probably because I don't know Twitter.

FIOS4cable

NYC

Do you see share topic? under ISP news ?

criggs

New York, NY

I don't even see ISP news unfortunately.

FIOS4cable

NYC

Do you see the Broadband dslreports.com icon ?

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to criggs

Here this should help you , just cut and paste this link ,Share a link with your followers

[DVR] TV Outage in NYC | DSLReports.com, ISP Information »[DVR] TV Outage in NYC

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

Oooooohhh, I see what's going on. You thought I was asking how to take the stuff from here and post it on Twitter.

No, no.

I would like to post a separate tweet on Twitter consisting of the content in the private DM message that Verizon Fios sent me. And I would like to do it in such a way that my tweet is not only visible to folks who follow me but to all who are looking for tweets with the word FIOS.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

1 edit

May not be related, on VHO7 FOX5 on 5 and 505 is off.
I just rebooted my QIP 7100 STB and it's stuck on" Initial download in progress" screen and no time on the clock.

lawn guyland

@verizon.net

The TV outage has hit Long Island as well (Kings Park, NY). My guess is that the satellite feed for all the cable programming is out, and that's why we can get "analog" channels (2-31, 473), but none of the "cable" programming, like MSNBC (603).

Also of note, there was a huge solar flare in the past hour. You can google "solar flare", (set search for "past hour"). Here's a link about the flare: »www.solarwatcher.net/index.php?o···ewsflash

Still on hold with Verizon; mebbe I'll hang up....

Ihatevzn

@verizon.net
reply to FIOS4cable

no cable channels are working and technical support huge wait

yoome

@verizon.net
reply to FIOS4cable

said by FIOS4cable:

Verizon wireless is working fine in NYC.

yeah so why wouldnt it be. it has NOTHING to do wih fios.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to lawn guyland

I believe Verizon uses fiber connections from the SHEs to each VHO for national channel distribution. The VHO just inserts regional channels.

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What is a VHO?

Also, general question, but why do people feel the need to contact tech support when there's a major outage? Obviously from the phone lines being jammed, they know about it already. Do you just want to hear them confirm it to you directly?
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
reply to FIOS4cable

They think the support center is flooded now. Many people are not up yet, and even those up probably are looking at the local channels to plan their day.

They really need to post the outage.

Aaronnys

@verizon.net
reply to criggs

I spoke to Verizon at 5AM. They've lost 453 channels. They went out shortly after the football game last night. It affects all of NY State and parts of NJ. They have no time frame for restoration but said it might take 24 hours. It so, you can ask for a day's credit. Hope that helps.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3
reply to FIOS4cable

THought it was just me. started after midnight. Still out here on Long Island. Have some news and others but must other major channels - TWC DSC TLC SCi and others out.

altermatt
Premium
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to FIOS4cable

Thank goodness for DSLR---you KNOW if you call tech support, it's hit or miss whether you get someone who totally messes up your settings because they refuse to admit it's on their end. Woke up this morning to most channels unavailable and one channel (weather) displaying very weirdly with "no information available." Thanks for letting us know it's not just us!

Did want to add that this is coming on the heels of the severe mail slowdowns many of us have experienced over the last few days (discussed in the other FIOS forum) and intermittent Internet speed slowdowns in that time period as well. Yet until today, no one at VZ seemed to admit there was a problem. Maybe the TV guys are more willing to own up.

BTW, I'm in Westchester County, outside the city.

--
The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it. -- Stanley Kubrick

tnsprin

Bradenton, FL
reply to Aaronnys

Maybe not related, but the automated support shows a small number of channels out and says "Verizon is committed to resolving this outage by : 7/9/2013 6:40:00 PM"

altermatt
Premium
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by tnsprin:

: 7/9/2013 6:40:00 PM"

What? All day? Not a tragedy for most entertainment channels, but we rely on CNBC for market news from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Luckily, my trading software has a CNBC feed---hope that works!

Anyone here with enough TV tech savvy can say if it really takes a whole day to fix something like this? And again, I wonder if this is related to the email hiccups lately.
--

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

What do you mean whole day? Did you see the date Tnsprin wrote. It's next July!! LOL

altermatt
Premium
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

OMG, I didn't even notice that....so focused on the 6 p.m.! Yeah, that sounds like Verizon!!!

New glasses, still trying to read my screen!
--

MacAlert

join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY
reply to FIOS4cable

Looks like TV service is back!

ktorster

@verizon.net
reply to FIOS4cable

Missing some local channels in northern NJ including WOR, WPIX as well as Verizon1 news.

Same message as others, Press B to troubleshoot.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to FIOS4cable

least the outage only started AFTER the NFL game between the Giants and Cowboys

Sympathy

join:2004-09-06
Newburgh, NY
reply to FIOS4cable

Here in the Hudson Valley (NY State) FiOS is up and running fine..never had any tv or phone or internet outage last night or this morning.

tnsprin

Bradenton, FL

They said they fixed it about 7:30 AM;

»forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Pr···-message