spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mjcustomer

@shawcable.net

[Rant] [Magic Jack] They're At It Again

So, I'm a Canadian customer, with a Canadian phone number (204 area code), and I just called a Canadian toll-free 800 number.

Before hearing anything else I receive a voice message that says ...

"We are completing your call now, even though Verizon has not paid our bills to us."

WTF, thank your for completing my call now - IT'S YOUR %^$#%&^* JOB to complete my call - that's why I pay for your service!

First off, this is just a crappy, non-professional way to treat your customers. Secondly, I assume they are using this tactic to pressure Verizon with some dispute they have, BUT -- even if I was sympathetic (which I am not) I can't bring any pressure to bear on Verizon. I'm not Verizon's customer in any way, shape or form so leave me out of it.

Would you expect any car company to say ... "We continue to honor your warranty, even though our supplier ABC Spark Plug company hasn't paid our bills?

Give me an effin break Magic Jack and don't bother me with your problems.

Rant over

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
VOIP.ms or freephoneline.ca

have a nice day

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to mjcustomer
Verizon's call centre (or one of them (billing)) is in Brandon, Manitoba. Perhaps that is why. What 1-800 was it? I wanna give it a try!

Not professional, though...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to mjcustomer
Do you not realize that magic jack only exists at a low price because of call termination fees?
If another phone company like verizon refuses to pay them the fees they own MJ then MJ will go out of business and you wont get your $20 a year voip anymore.
I dont see why you are complaining.

Go pay $20 a month if you dont want to deal with cheap voip.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
It's $40 a year now. just signed up for another year.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
said by Alcohol:

lolwut? thinking about just canceling my MJ after this year is up. got two cell phones and i think that is enough.

i have Skype and Google Voice as backups as well.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to mjcustomer
You get what you pay for....

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

Mine was $29.99 -- and that was for MagicJackPlus (the one without a computer)...why you pay so much?
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein