spc
uniqs

Just For U
@direcway.com

Just For U to DrStrangLov

Anon

to DrStrangLov

Re: Exede - Official Speed Posting Test Lounge -

Why do you always purposely delete all data below the time stamp from your download results?

Something maybe you don't want to revile to readers?

Based on your results you must only post results from your linux box as your Exede 5 windows results suck worse than my HughesNet HN9000 setup .... Most readers assume users are using a windows box unless you state otherwise.

MY TEST RESULTS ON A WINDOWS BOX

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::
Download Connection:: 17190 Kbps or 17.2 Mbps
Download Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes
Download Speed:: 2149 kB/s or 2.1 MB/s
Tested At:: »TestMy.net version:12
Validation Link:: »testmy.net/db/NP1mfQ7
Test Time:: 2012-09-01 01:01:58 Local Time
1MB Download in 0.48 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~8 Minutes - 307X faster than 56K
This test of exactly 12288 kB took 5.856 seconds to complete
Running at 567% of hosts average (Hughes Network Systems)
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537

You notice I don't attempt to hide anything on my download results?
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

MY TEST RESULTS ON A WINDOWS BOX

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::

You notice I don't attempt to hide anything on my download results?

Actually, one is deceiving users when they don't understand that when Hughes server is playing "ping-pong" with Testmy's server; its not a realistic test.

The above photo, taken the other day, shows a "ping-pong" illusion, but I've never claimed Exede 5 can run this fast during DLs. There can be momentary spikes in speeds that exceed the value above, but these speeds can not be sustained for long.

Hence, an unrealistic test result
said by Just For U :

Why do you always purposely delete all data below the time stamp from your download results?

Removing clutter that has no relevance. What people should be looking at is the Validation Link. For instance, when users look at this Hughes Validation Link, »testmy.net/db/NP1mfQ7 , and then click on user's Connection ID, »testmy.net/compID/6157224633542 , they can see this Hughes user has taken all tests todate in the wee hours of the morning. And his test scores range from about 5 mbps to 17 mbps.

Something maybe you don't want to revile to readers?

When my Connection ID is clicked on, one can see testing has been done at many different time spots. Compared to your wee-hour testing, mine shows the readers a realistic overview of one user on a specific beam, WB-1: 163, using Exede 5 service; whereas yours is rather biased (wee hours only), and is not a realistic assessment of Hughes when a test represents a "ping-pong" score between Hughes server and Testmy's server.

Just For U
@direcway.com

Just For U

Anon

We are all playing Ping Pong using the same test, and the fact of the matter is I beat your Exede 5 at playing Ping Pong on HughesNet HN9000 system at 1.5Mbps! I can keep up with most all Exede 12 Systems also.

Spin it all you want ...... Facts are Facts ...... it has been written on the wall.

So to sum all of this up for everyone. If all test are performed on the same test site ...... we are all playing ping pong together its just a matter of which browser your using!

So many irreverent/spin answers.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

said by Just For U :

We are all playing Ping Pong using the same test, and the fact of the matter is

Ricky has posted here under the name of "Just For U"

"Just For U's" Testmy post above has the same Testmy Connection ID (6157224633542) as Ricky's post over at DSL's Hughes forum: »[HN9000] Comparison Test - HughesNet 1.5/256 | Versus | Exede 12

»testmy.net/compID/6157224633542

As noted already in a previous post in this thread:

PS: Ricky, your post may be off topic here, as you indicated in first post:

"The purpose of this speed test lounge is to log and consolidate Exede 5 and 12 user Speed Test. By posting your speed test here, users will have a better idea of how well Exede's network is performing and what to Expect from Exede Satellite Internet Service."

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

said by DrStrangLov:

Ricky has posted here under the name of "Just For U"

Probably more. Over in the Hughes forum he's using (at least) "Ricky_005" and "King". Don't think the boy thinks we've seen that trick before.

//greg//
zeddlar
join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK

zeddlar to Just For U

to Just For U
Notice there is nothing there but garbage?? Not any usefull info unless maybe you are thinking he wasn't testing his exede service but some other ISP which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe he was just cutting back on the clutter. I cut all that off as well for that very reason unless someone has a question as to my ISP.