spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FiosFan

@verizon.net

Cartoon Network HD

Just got off the phone with a Fios agent about a billing matter and decided to ask him if there was any info about Cartoon Network HD. He said it will be activated sometime between 9/24 - 9/28.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Wow, they told the peons in billing but not us!

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to FiosFan

if true that is great news...BBC-A HD and Cartoon Network HD both added within a month

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10

Star Wars: The Clone Wars starts season 5 on 9/29 @ 9:30am -- just wish they did OAR.

webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to FiosFan

I am very surprised they said that. Anyway, if true, we should see it on channel 757 for HD. I hope that will be.

FWIW, Heather_Wilner from the forums said that "I certainly expect to see them by October." A post from June. She is referring to BBCA HD and Cartoon Network HD.

So, hopefully this will actually be true, because we just received BBCA HD. So 1/2 of the "Promise" has come true.

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
reply to FiosFan

Let's hope that is true alot of people were waiting a while for Cartoon Network in HD, Lets hope for other great HD adds as well.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to FiosFan

If this is true it amazes me why Verizon does not get out in front of these issues to let its subscribers know the dates for new HD channel. Its a matter of dollars and cents.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by bohratom:

If this is true it amazes me why Verizon does not get out in front of these issues to let its subscribers know the dates for new HD channel. Its a matter of dollars and cents.

They don't give dates anymore because they always miss them and don't want the never-ending negative complaints that then result.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to FiosFan

I hope we get it!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to FiosFan

I chat a Fios rep tomorrow and see if they know anything

Myron4

join:2008-03-08
Dallas, TX
reply to FiosFan

next HD channel addition

FUEL TV HD please for UFC, also I'll never get NBA League Pass again until there are multiple NBA/MLS HD channels

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
reply to FiosFan

Re: Cartoon Network HD

I'd rather see the Cartoon Network HD bandwidth, and at least SOME of the Spanish network bandwidth used instead to bring us at least ONE of the C-SPAN networks in HD.

C-SPAN's coverage of both the RNC and the DNC were gavel-to-gavel - and provided the ONLY gavel-to-gavel coverage of the events without incessant political jabbering. They didn't take the focus off of lesser known speakers.

Since FiOS doesn't HAVE C-SPAN HD, we were left with SD coverage on C-SPAN or varying levels of political pandering, commentary and highlights on the other networks. PBS at least gave us MOST of the prime time events, but even they paled in comparison to C-SPAN's coverage.

Even if you don't watch congressional coverage, there's also the Whitehouse Correspondent's Dinner each year - with C-SPAN providing live coverage of the ENTIRE event.

fioseller

join:2007-08-31
Lindenhurst, NY

Wow, do you have some extra time on your hands.
Just kidding, I could do with one c-span in hd after cartoon hd.

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

I know you meant that in jest, but if you think about it, the conventions only occur once every 4 years and its pretty sad that with all of today's distractions they now compete with entertainment programming. Its a sad statement of the public's attention span, insight and perception of American politics.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to KCrimson

I completely agree!!!

RBost

join:2009-07-07
Richmond, VA

Has anyone heard anything further on this?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

I havent, I got the run around when I asked VZ about it

FIOSFAN

@verizon.net
reply to FiosFan

Channel 787....coming soon.

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

Why channel 787 and not 757 ? 287 is Halogen

rantanamo

@verizon.net

Not complaining, but agree its weird that they seem to stick with their +500 rules with everything except this group of channels, and the Ultimate tier sports channels. QAM issue?

LLStarks
I've been here a while
Premium
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY
reply to FiosFan

Why no IPTV-to-the-set-top yet?

It's been 10 years and most TV providers are still dreaming about it like a far-off concept.
--
I know before you even speak that you're wrong.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

said by FIOS4cable:

Why channel 787 and not 757 ? 287 is Halogen

The Hub is 259, they gave it 789.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to FiosFan

the 2 most requested HD channels added within a 2 month time frame!...amazing!...bad news is this is probably the end until IPTV or MPEG-4?

rv81

@verizon.net

There shouldn't be any more +500 channel rules. All channels should be mapped together by now. Is FIOS planning this?

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to LLStarks

said by LLStarks:

Why no IPTV-to-the-set-top yet?

It's been 10 years and most TV providers are still dreaming about it like a far-off concept.

Because most last-mile networks don't have the capacity for it. And it isn't all that efficient.

The biggest IPTV implementation, AT&T U-verse, restricts customers to a maximum of 4 simultaneous streams, of which up to 2 may be in HD. Not good for a family of four who all want to watch and record different things.

Verizon's IPTV implementation, used for VOD, suffers from similar issues.

webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to LLStarks

IPTV STBs were just announced by Motorola about a month ago.

This, to me, confirms that what VZ said last year about their smaller STBs that would be wired and wireless, as well as the Main Media Server, that would be the main focal point of the home by transmitting all the channels etc through your home to "every screen." In those 2 videos that were on their Website last Winter.

Possibly VZ was waiting on Motorola for this to happen. So a "Late 2012" launch could happen, as they said. But this is just MHO.

Like the Hybrid QIPxxxx STBs out now, I believe that these new IPTV STBs are called : VIPxxxx

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by webcobbler :

This, to me, confirms that what VZ said last year about their smaller STBs that would be wired and wireless, as well as the Main Media Server, that would be the main focal point of the home by transmitting all the channels etc through your home to "every screen." In those 2 videos that were on their Website last Winter.

Possibly VZ was waiting on Motorola for this to happen. So a "Late 2012" launch could happen, as they said. But this is just MHO.

Like the Hybrid QIPxxxx STBs out now, I believe that these new IPTV STBs are called : VIPxxxx

said by webcobbler :

motorola has had the VIP boxes for a while now which uverse has used since the beginning. Verizon uses the QIP which is already got IP capabilities along with QAM. The VIP boxes do not work with Cable QAM/IP hybrid system.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to rv81

said by rv81 :

There shouldn't be any more +500 channel rules. All channels should be mapped together by now. Is FIOS planning this?

There is another thread on this. I hope they don't do what you're suggesting.

rv81

@myvzw.com

Which thread?

webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to motorola870

I never said that they did. Do not put words in my mouth.

Reread the post. It is very clear to understand what I was saying.