Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dlathem
Premium
join:2000-08-11
Birmingham, AL

Thank You Calls??

Is anyone else receiving an Earthlink call every month, from a person who cannot speak understandable English, thanking them for paying their bill? I have told the callers over and over again that I do not need them to call me once a month to thank me for paying my bill. I guess they do not understand English very well either!

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

Not one yet, I just get my monthly email invoice that says thanks.

dlathem
Premium
Birmingham, AL

I am fine with the monthly email invoice, I have been receiving it for almost two decades! The phone calls need to stop.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

Have you checked your contact preferences recently? That section of choices may have been changed.

dlathem
Premium
Birmingham, AL

I tell the person who calls me almost every month to take me off the list for receiving a thank you call every month. You would think that would be a subtle hint. Unless the REALLY do not understand English!

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

I understand, but I am talking about the "How EL may contact you" settings under your account on the My Account pages.

»myaccount.earthlink.net/
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

dlathem
Premium
Birmingham, AL

I have been opted out of all telephone communication contact from Earthlink for a very long time. However, they plainly state that "administrative" communications are not covered by the opt out. I can only assume they consider calling me to thank me for paying my bill as administrative.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

I know that several times Earthlink reset my settings so that I had to change them back to my preferences so as long as you verified your settings are un-changed then you can't do much else on your end. Hopefully they will stop calling you,
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

dlathem
Premium
Birmingham, AL

Too late...they called AGAIN this morning about the same payment...go figure!

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

Wonder why they like you so much...

dlathem
Premium
Birmingham, AL

Good question. I just received an email from one of the Earthlink Bigwigs in Atlanta. He says they will stop. We will see.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

Since they like you so much, if they call again ask them for a discount on your bill.