I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic

Re: GW2: Engineer Thread

I know Engi's are a support class but how is the dps on them? How is it taking multiple mobs, or veterans? I'm thinking of going Engi as my alt.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by I AM:

I know Engi's are a support class but how is the dps on them? How is it taking multiple mobs, or veterans? I'm thinking of going Engi as my alt.

Not bad, you have some options. For single target dps, rifle or pistols and turrets are the way to go. There's even a mele kit, the tool belt, although I haven't used it. For aoe damage I like to use the flamethrower or grenade kits. Engineers also have a ton of elixers to drink which give boons and take away conditions.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I quit my thief and ranger because they were way too squishy. Are you guys atleast a little more durable?

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I think that depends on how you spec. I haven't noticed being any more squishy than any other class I have played (I played a ranger in BWE1). Just gotta keep moving! lol

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

I quit my thief and ranger because they were way too squishy.

Rangers are squishy? I just started a new one because I figured the pets can tank for me. Pets like bears are pretty tough.

Edit: Necro pets, on the other hands, are like orgami foldings in a bonfire... I haven't gotten my flesh golem though, only levle 6

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Pets died so much on my ranger. I spent half my time rezzing them. Though I did not use a bear. Rangers put out the dps though.

Back to the thread topic. How do you guys deal damage? Is it more conditional damage than upright in your face damage?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I am running dual pistols right now and you do a lot of poison and fire damage on top of your turrets. I use the normal turret, flamethrower and healing ones.

They also aggro everything around them so they tank for you in some way.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
I am speccing condition damage instead of power due to the dual pistols adding a condition with almost every ability. Flamethrower and flame and rocket turrets also add conditions. The rifle is more regular dps though as is I think the grenade kit and the tool belt. There is also a healing turret and kit. Lots of fun things to do with this class; it's all how you spec and equip.

Raptor
Not a Dumptruck
join:2001-10-21
London, ON

Raptor

Did I miss a particular skill point/trait? How do you have dual pistols...? I can only equip a shield in the off hand....

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

You can put a second pistol on your offhand.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Select the pistol icon, right click, and under the "Equip" option there will be an "Equip in offhand" option.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Or just drag it there.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

or keep pretending to be captain america with a pistol and shield. you can dye you crap too!

Raptor
Not a Dumptruck
join:2001-10-21
London, ON

Raptor to TheBionic

to TheBionic
I swore my drag attempt turned it red, but I shall redouble my efforts. I do like the Captain America shield throw....

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

The pistols and rifle have very similar icons, so just make sure what you are dragging.