how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

$$

better press release would be about how they're using the usf & government "stimulus" money to wire FTTP and do it the RIGHT way.. or did only fairpoint get money?

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

1 recommendation

said by tmc8080:

better press release would be about how they're using the usf & government "stimulus" money to wire FTTP and do it the RIGHT way.. or did only fairpoint get money?

Frontier will be getting Connect America Fund money but it's a maximum of $750 for an "unserved" household. Try bringing FTTP to a rural household for $750.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by Sammer:

Frontier will be getting Connect America Fund money but it's a maximum of $750 for an "unserved" household. Try bringing FTTP to a rural household for $750.

not picking just thinking... Wasn't verizon's Fios cost per household over $1k? I keep thinking it is. With $750 per household they could run fiber to the pole (FTTP) and do wireless from there, that might be tougher though. For the rural areas I think WiMAX would be the winner.

Anyway just my opinion to share and debate/discuss.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!