Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

[Rant] Time to ignore local media: TIFF is about to begin

I wish they would stick to real news. All you hear on the local media during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is this star was here, they ate that, blah blah blah. The fact that Kristen Stewart arrived at the airport is not news.

I hate when the film festival is on.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
said by donoreo:

I wish they would stick to real news. All you hear on the local media during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is this star was here, they ate that, blah blah blah. The fact that Kristen Stewart arrived at the airport is not news.

Negative much? :P
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by zacron:

said by donoreo:

I just do not think reporting on movie stars is news, but it will be the lead story on the news during the entire festival.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Well, you can always change the channel and tune into other news. Not sure if you've read this, but Miley Cyrus got a new haircut!!

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by urbanriot:

Well, you can always change the channel and tune into other news. Not sure if you've read this, but Miley Cyrus got a new haircut!!

OMG, did she?!?! I better go google some pics!

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
is sharoot khan coming this year? i also heard snoop lion is gonna be here

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
reply to donoreo
Damn TIFF is actually showing a movie I want to see. Probably the only movie I've been wanting to see in a long while... and they're doing it at a time when I can't go there.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
said by ekster:

Damn TIFF is actually showing a movie I want to see. Probably the only movie I've been wanting to see in a long while... and they're doing it at a time when I can't go there.

what movie?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
Whedon's take on Much Ado About Nothing.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to zacron
said by zacron:

The media report on what people want to hear about.

This is just a reflection of how vapid Torontonians are.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to donoreo
I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't heard anything in the local news about TIFF

Of course that could be because the media is covering nothing but the assassination attempt on Tuesday.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

liverdude
Premium
join:2002-04-01
Mississauga, ON
reply to Paolo
said by Paolo:

is sharoot khan coming this year? i also heard snoop lion is gonna be here

FRIDAY 3PM – REINCARNATED press conference.
This is the Snoop film and he will more than likely be at this press conference if your looking for a picture with him.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

said by zacron:

said by donoreo:

I just do not think reporting on movie stars is news, but it will be the lead story on the news during the entire festival.

Just typical Toronto insecurity and self-promotion. Toronto media should think of this: it will certainly not be news in LA or NY when those "stars" return home, or visit one of those cities. So why is it news when they come to Toronto? I doubt that Cannes makes that kind of a big deal out of the fact that well-known actors show up. In fact I bet that the citizens' main concern is along the lines of, "they seem quite loud -- when are they leaving?" Especially if Russell Crowe throws a telephone at one of them!
--
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
said by Wolfie00:

Just typical Toronto insecurity and self-promotion. Toronto media should think of this: it will certainly not be news in LA or NY when those "stars" return home, or visit one of those cities. So why is it news when they come to Toronto? I doubt that Cannes makes that kind of a big deal out of the fact that well-known actors show up. In fact I bet that the citizens' main concern is along the lines of, "they seem quite loud -- when are they leaving?" Especially if Russell Crowe throws a telephone at one of them!

Its nothing to do with "Toronto insecurity". Many like us dont care about this. But since its Bell/CTV event it is a self promotion. That is how CTV operates. Anything on CTV is worlds most important event and news. If it is covered by CBC then its not a big news for CTV.

And you ignore the main reason is economy. It contributes 170-225 Million to Toronto economy. It like Gay pride event or Caribana.
All about money and bragging rights to CTV. or ET Canada.

As far as OP said Celebrity news is Part of News. Big time. Whether anybody likes it or not.