spc
Search similar:

uniqs
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Pricing & Speeds

Looks like the 12/2 bonded service, if you can get it, is $60 per month. Not horrible for that speed if there's nothing else available, but definitely venturing into cable territory for pricing. Speeds aren't great, sure, but if you're in an area that isn't served by cable, even if you can get 4G its speeds are going to only be comparable, for a higher price.

NekoSaur's postings on the Frontier forum suggest that Frontier may have a LOT of room to up speeds to some of their customers, but is choosing not to do it. He could probably hit 25/2 without having any last-mile connectivity issues on his bonded system...maybe even 30/2 or 35/2...or even more with Annex M. Unfortunately Frontier isn't offering more than 15/2 yet, for fear that only five people in an entire city will have loops short enough to sustain higher speeds...or maybe their backbone network can't handle it :/
ShellMMG
join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI

ShellMMG

Nekosaur and I share the same CO. He is to the west by a couple of miles, I am north by 10. I have fiber under the major road that leads to the box. Apparently the upgrade is very pricey and I suspect that my neighbors are so used to being shafted by ISP's they don't assume faster speeds could be available if we ask. So far I seem to be the only one bugging Frontier.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to iansltx

to iansltx
$60/month for 12/2 is not bad at all, for Frontier.
That's on par with AT&T U-Verse.

Neither service would be my first or second choice, but if I was living in a town of 400 households 100 miles from nowhere, and fortunate enough to have an RT piped from the CO ten miles away, I'd be very willing to pay $60/month for 12/2.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

As would I. My parents pay around $30, plus landline costs (about $20 for local calling only and no calling features), for a 1.5/384 line from Verizon. To my knowledge there are no DSL-enabled RTs in their town of ~10,000.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to elray

Premium Member

to elray
said by elray:

$60/month for 12/2 is not bad at all, for Frontier.
That's on par with AT&T U-Verse.

Neither service would be my first or second choice, but if I was living in a town of 400 households 100 miles from nowhere, and fortunate enough to have an RT piped from the CO ten miles away, I'd be very willing to pay $60/month for 12/2.

I agree as well, granted there are faster options in town with charter cable,but not seeing the bright side as I finally will cut the landline budget this year for a good voip provider. I plan on using one of the two WAN providers this year for Clear wireless.