elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to iansltx

Re: Pricing & Speeds

$60/month for 12/2 is not bad at all, for Frontier.
That's on par with AT&T U-Verse.

Neither service would be my first or second choice, but if I was living in a town of 400 households 100 miles from nowhere, and fortunate enough to have an RT piped from the CO ten miles away, I'd be very willing to pay $60/month for 12/2.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2

As would I. My parents pay around $30, plus landline costs (about $20 for local calling only and no calling features), for a 1.5/384 line from Verizon. To my knowledge there are no DSL-enabled RTs in their town of ~10,000.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:100
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to elray

said by elray:

$60/month for 12/2 is not bad at all, for Frontier.
That's on par with AT&T U-Verse.

Neither service would be my first or second choice, but if I was living in a town of 400 households 100 miles from nowhere, and fortunate enough to have an RT piped from the CO ten miles away, I'd be very willing to pay $60/month for 12/2.

I agree as well, granted there are faster options in town with charter cable,but not seeing the bright side as I finally will cut the landline budget this year for a good voip provider. I plan on using one of the two WAN providers this year for Clear wireless.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!