spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fish23
@comcast.net

fish23

Anon

modem provisioning

is this what the walledgarden page is supposed to look like www.comcast.com/activate

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Seems familiar, I think so.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

That's it.
I hope you have better luck with that than I have had the couple times I tried it.
It would get hung up somewhere during the process and never could get it to complete.
I called Comcast and they had the modem provisioned in 10 minutes.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

That's what I've been using the past few months for customers and I haven't had a problem. I think I had one hangup which was resolved by just letting it sit for an hour or so. It's faster to do the phone setup sometimes I agree.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

Maybe I was just too impatient with it because I didn't wait that long.
Next time I will try the wall garden route and let it go longer.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Either way, whats important is the end result. I only tried the walled garden route because I had the time and I wanted to have the experience to talk about it here.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

Just setup my nephews SB6141 modem with the walled garden and it went right through without any problem.
It took 30 minutes which is a little slower than calling Comcast, but much more convenient.
Good to know it does work and will be using it from now on.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I look at it this way. If Comcast is experiencing "higher then normal call volume" sometimes it takes just as long to get to a person plus the command prompts.
tbowman
join:2006-11-28
Seattle, WA

tbowman to fish23

to fish23
I already had a sb6120 that started acting up. I decided to bite the bullet and replace it with a new zoom 5341J. Swapped out the devices and plugged directly into my pc. Went through the activation process and it worked exactly as expected. I was quite impressed. Everything is loading insanely fast now as well.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Is that now with the use of a router or still directly to a PC....
boontonflyer
join:2004-07-05
Somerset, NJ

boontonflyer to fish23

to fish23
that''s what it looked like when I installed a new D 3.0 modem a week or so ago.

Paul