VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan

Premium Member

You might think he done it and so do I, but we both know he'll get away with it on appeal.

The law was created just to get him to trial and the hearsay came from a family member. I can see the convition being easily overturned.
I won't go into the whole jury being a joke and their clothing attire.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

said by VegasMan:

You might think he done it and so do I, but we both know he'll get away with it on appeal.

The law was created just to get him to trial and the hearsay came from a family member. I can see the convition being easily overturned.

Yeah what a circus. I also think he did it but I was also a little surprised they found him guilty.

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan

Premium Member

said by Jon5:

said by VegasMan:

I think if it was decided by judge and not jury he walks.
Yeah what a circus. I also think he did it but I was also a little surprised they found him guilty.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert to VegasMan

Mod

to VegasMan
said by VegasMan:

Yes, that seems about right.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to chmod

Premium Member

to chmod
According to Kathleen Zellner, an appeals expert who has gotten many wrongly convicted people freed, this was not a reversible case. What exactly would the grounds for appeal be?

»www.chicagotribune.com/n ··· 97.story

djtim21
It's all good
Premium Member
join:2003-12-22
Lake Villa, IL

djtim21

Premium Member

said by jsinaiko:

According to Kathleen Zellner, an appeals expert who has gotten many wrongly convicted people freed, this was not a reversible case. What exactly would the grounds for appeal be?

»www.chicagotribune.com/n ··· 97.story

I agree as well. Unless the actual law that permitted the testimony to be entered as evidence is thrown out first, the actual case has to have a technical flaw to grant a re-trial or thrown out in whole. I am not an attorney (I just play one on TV).

/Rant
This guy is a total scum bag and most likely killed both his wives. Drew's law is crazy period. When it passed I couldn't believe that there wasn't more of an uproar about it. The law should have never should have been allowed to be passed. So now I'm cheering for a total douche bag killer to win his appeal (in some form) to uphold our rights as a citizen to not allow hearsay testimony and get the law thrown out. Next we'll allow people (in theory) to testify that "my dog told the cat and told my bother that I stole his bone just before I put him down" and get arrested, prosecuted and convicted for aggravated robbery and possible murder because I didn't want the dog to testify in the first person. That sound silly right? That is what just happened with this case (kind of).
/End Rant

Jan Janowski
Premium Member
join:2000-06-18
Waynesville, NC

1 recommendation

Jan Janowski to chmod

Premium Member

to chmod
The only thing I object to is the law made to for this trial...

I'm not saying I don't think he's guilty....

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan

Premium Member

said by Jan Janowski:

The only thing I object to is the law made to for this trial...

I agree 100%.

Now if any of us ever do something and somebody doesn't like it or even if we didn't do something and they just go with public opinion we are all guilty now. Just make a law and so it goes.
Very bad precedent in my opinion.