gt1racer to usry723

to usry723

Re: beIN Sport USA

726 here in Fall River, all it says is BeIN Sport from 4am to 4am

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

According to comcast teds on the xfinity forums they have let beinsport know about the guide issue and they are supposed to be working to get us useable guide data.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by mikedz4:

According to comcast teds on the xfinity forums they have let beinsport know about the guide issue and they are supposed to be working to get us useable guide data.

Yes, and as ComcastTeds also said there this afternoon:

In the meantime, below is a good place to get the accurate listings (using the right hand side of the page):

»www.beinsport.tv/grid.html

telcodad

telcodad

MVM

FYI - An article with the latest status on Comcast adding beIN Sport's English language channel (at least in the Philadelphia area):

Comcast doesn’t care: No live USA v Antigua broadcast for area subscribers
By Ed Farnsworth, The Philly Soccer Page - October 9, 2012
»www.phillysoccerpage.net ··· cribers/

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Hhahah - I may (or may not) be in the comments section...

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Hmmm, well there was a comment by a "JeepMattDE" who said he lives in "North Wilmington," but I think that was just a crazy coincidence.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Heh. Wow - he must live close to me.

Well, in all honesty, it is a shame that they haven't been able to add the English version of this channel - I mean hell, even if it's only SD.

They have tons of capacity -and the PR splash from a month or so ago was so misleading. They could've saved some face between the 9/9 games and the one coming up this weekend.

Overall it's just an example of awful handling and communication to your customers.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

An article on the Sports Illustrated site today:

BeIN Sport growth raises questions over future of soccer on U.S. TV
By Grant Wahl, SI.com - October 12, 2012
»sportsillustrated.cnn.co ··· barbuda/

From the article:
While beIN Sport hopes to expand its reach on U.S. platforms in the months and years ahead, it isn't easy for all U.S. soccer fans right now to get the network in their homes. Both beIN Sport channels are currently available on the top two satellite providers, DirecTV (in HD) and DISH (in SD), while Comcast, the nation's largest cable provider, is carrying only beIN Sport's Spanish-language channel for now in SD (on its sports entertainment and Hispanic tiers). That means Comcast subscribers will not be able to see the Antigua and Barbuda-U.S. game live. (BeIN Sport's Spanish channel is airing the game on tape delay on Saturday at 3 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET.)

If you don't have a satellite provider, your best bet to see the U.S. game live is to go to a sports bar that has one. Comcast spokesman Peter Dobrow told me his company plans on rolling out beIN Sport's English-language channel in local markets in the months ahead (but only in SD for now).

Al Obaidly said more than 13 million U.S. homes (out of an available 54 million) are now receiving the beIN Sport signal. "We want to make this product available to everybody," he said. "You know how complex the distribution market is within the United States and how crowded it is. We're in the process of negotiating and hopefully reaching agreement with another platform, but we're only 47 days old, a very young sports network." Al Obaidly also denied reports that beIN Sport was paying Comcast for carriage ("we are being paid [by Comcast]").

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Had a table of 6 at my favorite local restaurant last night and had the GM put the DirecTV feed of BeIN USA on the closest TV for us.

Definitely an exciting game - it's awesome to see the conditions in these tiny countries.

But back to the point - it's a total embarrassment that the nations largest cable provider still isn't showing this channel. Frankly, I don't even care if it's only SD for now - but you can only beat the horse for so long...
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Of Course...

Of course Time Warner Cable (and Brighthouse) announces the launch of both beIN USA and Espanol, in both HD and SD on 11/1.

Why can't CC be a leader?

jmaalouf
@172.222.142.x

jmaalouf

Anon

Where did you hear that TWC and Brighthouse are announcing beIN USA and Espanol on 11/1? I can't find this anywhere and if this is true then that is GREAT news. Please let me know where you heard of this or where I can find further info on this.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

»[TWC] Please add beIN Sport Channel!

the last few posts are saying they have bein sport already.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

beIN Sport USA Coming 12/12 (GOL Being Removed)

My latest bill that was generated overnight has the following information (I'm in Northern Delaware):

On 12/12/12:

beIN Sport USA SD being added to Channel 726

Gol TV SD (726) and Gol TV HD (1513) - REMOVED

So, we are finally getting beIN USA, but only in SD, and they are completely removing GOL SD & HD.

Comcast - WHY AREN'T YOU ADDING HD CHANNELS?? YOU HAVE SO MUCH CAPACITY. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO???
kb1
join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN

kb1

said by SeattleMatt:

My latest bill that was generated overnight has the following information (I'm in Northern Delaware):

On 12/12/12:

beIN Sport USA SD being added to Channel 726

Gol TV SD (726) and Gol TV HD (1513) - REMOVED

So, we are finally getting beIN USA, but only in SD, and they are completely removing GOL SD & HD.

Comcast - WHY AREN'T YOU ADDING HD CHANNELS?? YOU HAVE SO MUCH CAPACITY. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO???

My area just went all digital in June and what does Comcast do.
No new HD channels added and MGMHD will be dropped in Dec.
This is a bad trend by Comcast. I'm thinking on going to Directv.
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
12-12-12 for them to add beIN Sport Usa? come on,

I'll keep my eyes open for changes for here.
Chad473
join:2007-12-18
Lancaster, PA

Chad473 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
several months late and SD only? Sounds about right.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
FYI - This notice was on the bill that I just received:
Effective Dec. 12, 2012, the following channel changes will be made...
:
Add to Sports Entertainment Tier: 728 beIN Sport English
No longer available: ... 586/726 GOL TV, 1513 GOL TV HD ...

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

beIN Sport USA Now Live

It is LIVE this morning on 726.

Still totally dumbfounded as to how they removed Gol HD and didn't replace it with beIN HD.

**EDIT** - (Well, the HD logo is on the picture - obviously they are getting the HD feed and downconverting it)

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

How can babyfirst tv be in the spanish package?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
beIN Sport English has now been added to Comcast's systems in the Harrisburg, Hershey and Mechanicsburg areas in PA:

English-language version of beIN Sport added to Comcast Xfinity systems
By Dave Sottile, The Patriot-News - December 13, 2012
»blog.pennlive.com/fanbox ··· ein.html

usry723
join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA

usry723 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Can someone describe what the picture quality of beIN SD looks like? Is it widescreen like FSC SD? Or something else?
Chad473
join:2007-12-18
Lancaster, PA

Chad473

windowboxed garbage. some games better than others but aliasing on a lot of it that can be pretty distracting.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to usry723

to usry723
Comcast isn't even talking about adding it in HD.

usry723
join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA

usry723

I don't even have FSC in HD yet. I'm just happy to get the English channel before the USA's important World Cup qualifiers start.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

FIOS Beats Comcast to the beIN HD Punch

So, FIOS announced they're rolling out both beIN channels starting this week - and, most importantly, ONLY IN HD.

While it took them longer, they're doing it the right way.

So, FIOS in HD, Time Warner in HD, Brighthouse in HD, Comcast? Downcoverted SD.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

said by SeattleMatt:

So, FIOS announced they're rolling out both beIN channels starting this week - and, most importantly, ONLY IN HD.

While it took them longer, they're doing it the right way.

Not that I necessarily disagree, but what about non-HD folks that want this (or other) channels? Or do all these providers offer "free HD" service regardless of any tier of service, or don't require an add-on fee? (I'm guessing YES???)

So, FIOS in HD, Time Warner in HD, Brighthouse in HD, Comcast? Downcoverted SD.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but add both DISH & DirecTV, in both HD & SD...