uniqs

Leathal
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Richmond Hill, ON

Leathal

Premium Member

[Wired] WRT54G VLAN question

Can a stock WRT54G be used to route traffic from one VLAN to the other and vise versa?

If so how do I got about setting it up?

Thanks

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

Not with Linksys firmware. What exactly do you want to do?

Leathal
Premium Member
Richmond Hill, ON

Leathal

Premium Member

I want to setup a machine on my LAN to a different VLAN and allow VLAN1 to see VLAN2 and vice versa. I only have an L2/L3 cheap Dell switch.

Kyawa
Premium Member
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

As far as I know using Linksys stuff, you can use 2 routers to set up different subnets. However, it won't go both ways. For example, VLAN1 could get into VLAN2 but VLAN 2 could not get into VLAN1. Why do you want VLANS if you don't want to isolate them?

Leathal
Premium Member
Richmond Hill, ON

Leathal

Premium Member

said by Kyawa:

As far as I know using Linksys stuff, you can use 2 routers to set up different subnets. However, it won't go both ways. For example, VLAN1 could get into VLAN2 but VLAN 2 could not get into VLAN1. Why do you want VLANS if you don't want to isolate them?

Because I need them completely separate but still need a workstation on Vlan1 to be able to access Vlan2 and Vlan2 still able to access the internet from Vlan1. I guess I need more of a layer 4 switch now that I think of it.

Kyawa
Premium Member
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

What i explained will work. Both will have access to the internet. See LAN to WAN in this document. I'm doing something similar to this now at a friends coffee shop.

»www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/u ··· eid=3733