spc
Search similar:

uniqs
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne to Zupe

to Zupe

Re: GW2: Ranger thread

I agree on the lackluster playstyle. By the time my pet reaches most normal npc's the dude is half dead. I dont bother running behind normal guys as the bleed on crit stacks plenty of bleeds. If you want more action, go with a sword/torch and longbow. The sword/torch has awsome combo's and is very engaging. Start longbow for early pew, then go in for the combo killer (gotta love having a fireshield)

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Goofing off at work, that's why so much spam from me today XD... Got assigned a task that I finished in 2 hours... I have perma-swiftness!

Anyways, there's a huge uproar on the official forums over the short bow nerf that came in the last patch. Supposedly the short bow is 40 milliseconds slower now. Doesn't sound like a lot to me, but people are saying it's a 10-20% dps loss.

Too bad, I just made a ranger too, and she only likes SB. LB is too slow and she doesn't want to get close to icky monsters.
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne

not sure on the nerf, but any nerf in speed will affect a few things, the biggest being crit stacking bleed builds. less shots=less crits=less bleeds...even tho im not that involved...only lvl 77 at the moment

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

After spending some time leveling the past few days, I can definitely feel the short bow nerf. It's not bad, but noticeable. I've started looking into into power/crit builds utilizing cats and their high crit chances as dps pets. I've also taken a renewed interest in the warhorn. The buff it provides coupled with your the cats kills stuff quick.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Check out this link when you get a chance, it's a pretty well written pet/crit synergy guide. My ranger is not high enough to verify but it looks good.

»www.guildwars2guru.com/t ··· d-guide/

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to puppy

to puppy
I had to resurrect this thread from the ashes of despair. From the patch notes:
Ranger

Improved the effect chance on ranger spirits to 35% base and 50% when traited.
Beastmastery minor traits now use the correct icon.
Splinter Shot: This skill’s damage is increased by 150%, and its bleeding duration is increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
Counterattack: The blocking portion of this skill can now be used while moving. Ranged attacks will not trigger the second half of the skill.
Protecting Screech: This skill now states the correct duration of 4 seconds.
Call of the Wild: The Wilderness Survival trait Off-Hand Training now applies to this skill.
Throw Torch: The speed of the projectile has been increased.
Maul: This skill’s damage has been increased by 40%.
Sun Spirit: The tooltip for this skill now displays the proper burning time of 3 seconds.
Whirling Defense: This skill was updated so that it interacts better with combo fields.
Splinter Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
Coral Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
Feeding Frenzy: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
Mercy Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
Looks like a buff for the greatsword. Yeah... OK. Splinter Shot buff is nice as well as the spirit buffs. Beyond those we get a few combo finishers. Frankly, I was expected a little more. Am I missing something?

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe

MVM

said by facepalm:

Looks like a buff for the greatsword. Yeah... OK. Splinter Shot buff is nice as well as the spirit buffs. Beyond those we get a few combo finishers. Frankly, I was expected a little more. Am I missing something?

Nope, as far as I can tell, you're not missing anything. I stopped playing this game more than a month ago, partially because the class and playstyle I wanted to play (a ranged Ranger) was both underpowered and more importantly, dull. I've been following the updates to see if they were changing anything that would make me want to give it another try, but after this patch, which was supposed to be the fixing/re-balancing patch for Rangers, I'm moving on.

They had stated over the last month and a half that they were looking to do the following in this patch: 1) Buff Spirits and make them more useful, 2) Revise Ranger signets to make them more useful, 3) Change Ranger shouts to make them more useful, 4) Look at the talent/skill spread to make more builds usable, 5) Review shortbow skills because they realized that using primarily auto-attack was boring (this was after what was originally dubbed an animation fix, and later admitted as a nerf, to the shortbow auto-attack rate of fire and in turn, damage/bleed stacks).

Instead, this patch slightly buffs Greatsword and underwater combat, and completely ignores those other issues. The one change to spirits, increasing the proc rate to 35/50%, is pretty much useless, as there's an internal 10 second cooldown on how often spirit abilities can proc.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

Zupe, you're right on point with what my expectations were for the patch. The way I want to play the class is ranged, and in particular, with bows. I really didn't expect to get a bow buff of any kind, but had high hopes for the signets.

The up side for me is my ranger is level 80 and my altoholic self has moved on to other classes for now.
facepalm

facepalm to puppy

to puppy
Webcents won't let me see much, but I can at least see thread titles. Here are a few:

Ranger Updates announced - and the Rangers are PISSED

This Patch is a Joke for all Rangers

Is there going to be another patch?

When is the next balance patch?

I'd say we have some unhappy campers out there. lol