Rolling Meadows, IL

service down

Got home Service is out

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
I found record of the outage. There was a fire somewhere in Rolling Meadows that spread to a utility pole and melted one of our fiber lines. It appears to have been fully repaired around 5:30am this morning.

adymax

join:2012-03-14
Rolling Meadows, IL
Thank You Dan. It was working this morning. Do we get credit for the one day service was down? Also I called CS twice last night. First time I stayed on hold for 25 minutes and when it was about to ring got disconnected. Second time I was on hold for 55 minutes and gave up. This is ridiculous. Why you drop calls?

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
said by adymax:

Thank You Dan. It was working this morning. Do we get credit for the one day service was down? Also I called CS twice last night. First time I stayed on hold for 25 minutes and when it was about to ring got disconnected. Second time I was on hold for 55 minutes and gave up. This is ridiculous. Why you drop calls?

I'm not sure why that happened, I'm not located in Colorado, and I was not in the office last night when this was happening, so I don't know how high the call volume was. As far as credit for the outage goes, you'll need to speak with a customer service representative. I'm not able to do anything involving billing in the NOC.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

adymax

join:2012-03-14
Rolling Meadows, IL
Dan- It is not the first time when WOW drops the call after on hold for 20 min. It happened before but I though it is something wrong with my phone or I hit something on the phone. But it happened again. The best way to address outages and volume calls is to have an option in the menu that will automatic tell what areas have outages and an ETA of the restore.