share rss forum feed

bigred1324

join:2009-07-27
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to rebus9

Re: VZ Wants to Kill FiOS

said by rebus9:

said by hottboiinnc:

they have in many areas. So why not the rest?

Where have they abandoned FIOS?

Stopping the buildout, yes. Dropping the procuct, no.

They need ROI from it, and it gives them too many bragging rights.

Fort Wayne, IN and the Pacific Northwest.

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House
said by bigred1324:

said by rebus9:

said by hottboiinnc:

they have in many areas. So why not the rest?

Where have they abandoned FIOS?

Stopping the buildout, yes. Dropping the procuct, no.

They need ROI from it, and it gives them too many bragging rights.

Fort Wayne, IN and the Pacific Northwest.

Abandoned FIOS specifically, or completely sold their footprint (all services including dialtone) to a CLEC?

bigred1324

join:2009-07-27
Fort Wayne, IN
said by rebus9:

Abandoned FIOS specifically, or completely sold their footprint (all services including dialtone) to a CLEC?

The deal was to take the FiOS properties in Indiana and Oregon/Washington or no sale at all. Frontier had no choice. So they did abandon us FiOS customers.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by bigred1324:

The deal was to take the FiOS properties in Indiana and Oregon/Washington or no sale at all. Frontier had no choice. So they did abandon us FiOS customers.

No. They just sold you to Frontier. It is Frontier doing any abandoning.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to bigred1324
said by bigred1324:

said by rebus9:

I understand what you're saying, but withdrawing from a market by selling their footprint to Frontier is different than abandoning a specific product line. Frontier of course has the option to keep the fiber lit, and would be foolish not to do so.

I know carriers are trying to push everything to wireless, but I remain wholly unconvinced that wireless (4G/LTE, 5G, 6G, and beyond) will ever replace wireline. It's cheaper for carriers to deploy, but I don't think we'll see 10/40/100++ Gbps speeds through the air. Some day not so far off, we'll be streaming 3D video at 10,000 pixel resolution and it won't be LTE bringing it into the home.