uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigred1324

join:2009-07-27
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to rebus9

Re: VZ Wants to Kill FiOS

said by rebus9:

Abandoned FIOS specifically, or completely sold their footprint (all services including dialtone) to a CLEC?

The deal was to take the FiOS properties in Indiana and Oregon/Washington or no sale at all. Frontier had no choice. So they did abandon us FiOS customers.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by bigred1324:

The deal was to take the FiOS properties in Indiana and Oregon/Washington or no sale at all. Frontier had no choice. So they did abandon us FiOS customers.

No. They just sold you to Frontier. It is Frontier doing any abandoning.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to bigred1324
said by bigred1324:

said by rebus9:

Abandoned FIOS specifically, or completely sold their footprint (all services including dialtone) to a CLEC?

I understand what you're saying, but withdrawing from a market by selling their footprint to Frontier is different than abandoning a specific product line. Frontier of course has the option to keep the fiber lit, and would be foolish not to do so.

I know carriers are trying to push everything to wireless, but I remain wholly unconvinced that wireless (4G/LTE, 5G, 6G, and beyond) will ever replace wireline. It's cheaper for carriers to deploy, but I don't think we'll see 10/40/100++ Gbps speeds through the air. Some day not so far off, we'll be streaming 3D video at 10,000 pixel resolution and it won't be LTE bringing it into the home.