spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

a beginner

@sunwave.com.br

vpn speed

hi, i'm using VPNDirect as a free user and at the same time using MegaCloud (i dunno if anyone here know any of them? MegaCloud is a cloud storage which sync files automatically to my desktop)

my question is: whenever i'm connected to the VPNDirect server, my MegaCloud sync speed (both upload and download) has the same peak as the time when VPN not connected, but the speed fluctuate alot, like 0KB/s to 150KB/s then drop to 0KB/s again, frequently. does anyone here knows why? it doesn't seems to have reduced my internet speed much, because it did reach 150 which is the same as when VPN isn't connected. Just that when it's not connected, my sync speed is more stable like mostly kept between 100-130. Is it because i'm only using free server? I couldn't find an official answer to this that's why i'm posting here, just wondering if anyone knows how they works...

thanks!!!

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
I have personally never used their service, but I would imagine they give priority to paid subscribers. Free users are most likely given whatever is leftover.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to a beginner
Any number of issues, of which the basics are :

- overloaded computer CPU / RAM
- overloaded NIC card
- overloaded home router
- overloaded ISP connection
- screwy / unstable overall network connectivity
- latency in the "internet"

There's no one easy answer without understanding the whole setup, and it's just going to be
alot of speculation at this point.

Regards

a beginner

@sunwave.com.br
reply to silbaco
Thanks for the answers! hmm... so it's most likely their server have overload... I wonder if other products have similar issues... see if it's common case, maybe I should consider to purchase for more stability.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to a beginner
said by a beginner :

so it's most likely their server have overload...

Another possibility, but again, pure speculation.

You could put it to MegaCloud, but they'll likely say "no other users are reporting the same issue" or some
variant of "our [insert here] is fine."

Or as siblaco mentioned, nonpaying users are left with a very limited amount of bandwidth.

Regards