how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hitmehhh

join:2007-07-25
Syracuse, NY

new modem

I had a problem with my router which I got resolved . Internet provider seems to think the cause was the modem and are sending a new one. Will I just be able to remove the old on and reconnect the new one?

Kyawa
Premium
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD
Theoretically, yes.

hitmehhh

Syracuse, NY
reply to hitmehhh
Kyawa, you helped me with my connection problem the other day. Is it possible that the internet port on the router went bad and that is why I couldn't connect?

hitmehhh

Syracuse, NY
reply to hitmehhh
Kyawa, you helped me with my connection problem the other day. Is it possible that the internet port on the router went bad and that is why I couldn't connect?

Kyawa
Premium
Middletown, MD
reply to hitmehhh
Your modem from your ISP is also a router. This means you should be plugging the cable from the modem to a numbered port on your Linksys, not the Internet port. We disabled the router function on your Linksys. Try it.

hitmehhh

Syracuse, NY
reply to hitmehhh
Oh ,I did ,and it is working. I was just wondering why it all of a sudden happened when it has always been connected like this.

Kyawa
Premium
Middletown, MD
reply to hitmehhh
Maybe when everything reset, the modem reset as well. The modem may have been it bridge mode meaning the router function was turned off.