share rss forum feed

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

4 edits
reply to JohnInSJ

Re: Do not track in IE10

said by JohnInSJ:

Yep... so IE isn't for you. We get that, based on the endless posts.

Somehow you, and others, think I don't like IE based on some personal preferences and that's never been the case. I, and every web developer I'm aware of, despise IE for technical reasons and no other.
quote:
It's still not a bad browser. It's better than Safari, which you somehow seem to accept as a browser, or at least you are willing to ignore.

It's an inept browser and you show your technical knowledge with that statement. Safari's technical abilities far outpace anything IE could ever hope to do and even outpaces IE10 which isn't even out yet. It uses the same rendering engine Google's Chrome does and keeps pace with all other browsers and can handle many technical features IE cannot.

There are a multitude of technical features I've listed before that any browser, including Safari, can handle with ease but IE9 and IE10 cannot so I won't attempt to list all that again. As I've said over and over again, the people who best know how the web works do not use IE. I would think you would take that as a hint.

Freddy
Premium
join:2005-05-17
Arlington, VA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

The problem is that your persistence makes you appear like an agent provocateur, in that you seek to discredit Internet Explorer, and thus Microsoft. That is, you have an agenda.

Freddy

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

reply to howardfine

said by howardfine:

As I've said over and over again, the people who best know how the web works do not use IE. I would think you would take that as a hint.

Pure unadulterated baloney!

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO
reply to Freddy

I only try to correct those who make claims about IE's "quality". If I have an agenda it is that if IE would die it would make my job easier and cut my billings to my customers for hours not needed to fix IE.

There is nothing that I say that I haven't backed up with facts and links stating the same. I am otherwise browser agnostic and often jump between them for my own use. They all have issues but run neck-and-neck technically except, as I've said, IE which trails far behind.

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO
reply to mozerd

said by mozerd:

said by howardfine:

As I've said over and over again, the people who best know how the web works do not use IE. I would think you would take that as a hint.

Pure unadulterated baloney!

If you can find any developer who claims IE is a better browser than any other (other than a Microsoft dev), post it here. You cannot. You will fail. No one has been able to do that in the years I've posted that challenge on forums everywhere.

Freddy
Premium
Arlington, VA

1 recommendation

There you go again!

Freddy

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO

You mean me responding to someone claiming what I said was baloney? I am at fault? Are you saying others can make claims against my statement but I cannot respond or make claims against theirs?

Freddy
Premium
Arlington, VA

1 recommendation

Yeah, you seem never to tire of repeating the same old refrain. You apparently think people care that you work hard. Everyone works hard. All jobs are hard. Do you care?

Freddy

auggy
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON
kudos:18

4 recommendations

reply to howardfine

I don't see anything useful coming out of this thread as it has degenerated into a "which browser is better" thread which can really go no where at all.

So I am locking it up.