join:2004-04-19
Birmingham, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to aerith

Re: Best quote by Karl Bode is

New companies and investors would be jumping to invest money in that kind of market! /sarc

"The fascist market has done nothing to improve broadband choices for the USA" - Ummmmm.....a lot more people have internet access now in 2012 than did in 2000 or 2002. Kind of an incorrect, overgeneralized statement don't you think?

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1

said by caseywor:

New companies and investors would be jumping to invest money in that kind of market! /sarc

"The fascist market has done nothing to improve broadband choices for the USA" - Ummmmm.....a lot more people have internet access now in 2012 than did in 2000 or 2002. Kind of an incorrect, overgeneralized statement don't you think?

Oh gosh, I wonder if that has anything to do with tens of billions of dollars in mostly untracked USF subsidies that have gone into the telcos' coffers?

caseywor

join:2004-04-19
Birmingham, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
·Mediacom

I would say for the most part it doesn't. Sounds to me like you are claiming that all broadband growth is related to the USF. Kind of s stretch isn't it? Besides, if the USF is "mostly untracked", then it sounds to me like another government mandated black hole, something that should be abolished.