TransitMan
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-05
Dayton, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to djrobx

Re: Just got a new firmware on my SBG6580!

said by djrobx:

said by TransitMan:

It seems that using this modem in router mode, the wireless portion has been disabled. Primary network stays grayed out and disabled, and there is no way to turn it on.

Way to go Time Warner RR, for a firmware upgrade that still doesn't work right.

While it may seem completely nuts to charge a monthly fee just for wifi, the modem allows for this. Sounds like TWC has disabled it on your modem.

And yet I pay for the EXTREME tier of service, which has no mention of any additional fees for wi-fi.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

said by TransitMan:

said by djrobx:

said by TransitMan:

It seems that using this modem in router mode, the wireless portion has been disabled. Primary network stays grayed out and disabled, and there is no way to turn it on.

Way to go Time Warner RR, for a firmware upgrade that still doesn't work right.

While it may seem completely nuts to charge a monthly fee just for wifi, the modem allows for this. Sounds like TWC has disabled it on your modem.

And yet I pay for the EXTREME tier of service, which has no mention of any additional fees for wi-fi.

Call TWC and ask about it then. Maybe a billing code is missing on your account...
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

TransitMan
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-05
Dayton, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by DrDrew:

Call TWC and ask about it then. Maybe a billing code is missing on your account...

It was missing from the account. They stated they don't know why it was removed, but all has been corrected.
Thanks.

bluedyedvd

join:2007-04-15
Overland Park, KS
reply to TransitMan

found a way to to disable or enable the wifi unplug the coax cable from modem reset the defaults let modem boot up and plug coax back in. I thought it was stupid to have to call twc to set the wifi