caruso
Premium Member
join:2003-08-22
California

caruso to RayGeode

Premium Member

to RayGeode

Re: [XPPro] Playing videos in RealPlayer gets hick-ups

Thanks, Ray. But the time I will open Task Manager, video is playing again, usually 2 to 3 seconds

WMP don't recognize mp4.

To burn DVD is kind of backwards, don't you think?

In my times, 64Mb was considered a state of the art. Now 2 Gig is peanut, and I need quad processor and gig of video memory> there has to be a different solution. I am very old man.

Thanks, Ray.
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode

said by caruso:

But the time I will open Task Manager, video is playing again, usually 2 to 3 seconds

keep taskmanager open and monitor while your video is running. Better solution is find a suitable tool from sysinternals which can log the same data for close analysis
said by caruso:

To burn DVD is kind of backwards, don't you think?

If this is for simple home enjoyment for yourself only, then whatever you can tolerate....

If however you are creating something for a wide viewer audience then no I don't think so. I've created slideshows of child daycare graduations which would be shown multiple times. It was worth it for ease of use - DVD player, easy distribution, and no surprises.
said by caruso:

In my times, 64Mb was considered a state of the art. Now 2 Gig is peanut, and I need quad processor and gig of video memory> there has to be a different solution. I am very old man.

true enough but you may enjoy your computer more for it I bought a desktop PC for my office for less than $500 this year. Really pretty nice.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to caruso

to caruso

The last GOOD version of realplayer was v8 (I have it and love it) That was before AOL joined forces with REAL NETWORKS and destroyed the player!!

I think if ya had the right codecs for WMP it would play MP4,MOV,etc...