how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to iansltx

Re: Best quote by Karl Bode is

"If a local government wants to do FTTH and it gets voted in by its constituents, that's okay."

With the EPB project the constituents (or rate payers) didn't get to vote for anything. Now EPB has a choice. Raise rates to cover expenses or expand into more areas while running more private businesses out of business. They have already raised electric rates to cover the money spent on the fiber network. I guess now that they are moving in to home automation, home networking, hosted pbx, and rumored alarm systems they have chosen to go after more private businesses to make their bottom line.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1

said by battleop:

"If a local government wants to do FTTH and it gets voted in by its constituents, that's okay."

With the EPB project the constituents (or rate payers) didn't get to vote for anything. Now EPB has a choice. Raise rates to cover expenses or expand into more areas while running more private businesses out of business. They have already raised electric rates to cover the money spent on the fiber network. I guess now that they are moving in to home automation, home networking, hosted pbx, and rumored alarm systems they have chosen to go after more private businesses to make their bottom line.

Do you actually believe your own lies?

EPB's electric rates were raised to cover the cost of two massive storms that damaged the public electric grid in February: »www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011···ncrease/

The key quote: "Without revenues from the utility’s telecom, TV and video divisions, the rate hike would be at least twice as much, said Harold DePriest, president and CEO of EPB"

Now shut it about EPB- no one wants to hear you spew the same trash over and over again.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

"EPB's electric rates were raised to cover the cost of two massive storms that damaged the public electric grid in February"

They are using the rate increase to replenish their reserves that was tapped for the fiber build. That money should have never been used for anything but an emergency fund, not to build a fiber network.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.