Premium
join:2002-04-20
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

So Far Very Happy with New at&t Gateway 7550

Hi There

Ordered This Gateway the Previous Friday before the Holiday Weekend, Delivery was nice and smooth, as was Setup, and configuring of all Machines, Using it right now mixed B/G/N, since not many N devices on network yet, but i plan to get N Adapters at Christmas time for the wireless machines

So Far Online games are much more faster, no more dropped connections unlike with the 2wire, Once we're on totally N wireless, i imagine we'll have less interference on 5ghz band..

Is it best to unplug this device if we're home and it should have a chance of Thunderstorms coming?

Very happy with at&t products

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
I protect my electronics (modem, router, computer) with good Uninterruptible Back Up Power Supplies(UPS) and surge suppressors. I have not shut down except for tornado warnings and when I leave on an extended trip.

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Yes got it on battery backup currently...That's good to know...Working great so far

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
join:2005-01-06
Belleville, MI
How does this compare to the 2wire model that they used to sell? Thank you in advance!
--
»twitter.com/The_Dord -- Twitter Account

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

1 recommendation

Well From my Personal Experience--No Lag or Slowdowns with all the following devices connected
1 Hard wired Desktop
1 Laptop-Wireless
1 Desktop-Wireless
1 Windows Phone-Wireless
Directv whole home wired

Uptime is really good, no red flashing light or dropped connections with everyting going, Using right now 11G only, plan on upgrading Wireless Macines to Wireless N later on

Lights are not a bother

Have not had to restart it once since getting it on September 6th 2012

Ordered on Friday August 31st, Arrived the Following Thursday, No problems setting up at all, Config was easy, firewall doesn't seem to block anything that i need to use, Secondlife running alot better than before

Overall very happy, Family not complaining either, so in my book runs alot better than old 2wire