how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2

Choice

Since February of this year the CRTC removed Videotron stranglehold on cable rates in Quebec

Lookup Electronic Box or Teksavvy and you will see the rates are much cheaper and there are unlimited options

join:2006-07-06
Montreal, QC

1 edit

TekSavvy unlimited 25 Mbps is $78/month and isn't cable but DSL, which I heard is less stable and speeds depend on the number of your neighbors online atm?
Electronic Box - similar shady deal, expensive, slowish DSL, only unlimited is limited to 2am-noon
--
God is a superstition. Religion is poison.

mtnarea

@charter.com

Cable is a shared medium (everyone's traffic goes over the same coax and the headend distinguishes between it), DSL is kind of similar to a dedicated line in that the line to your house is dedicated but you share all the bandwidth leaving and entering the DSLAM like a cable setup. DSL has more dependent factors such as distance and to an extend weather but it might be a better choice for unlimited.

gravufo
Coming from another world

join:2010-10-27
Saint-Laurent, QC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to 59137280

how is this DSL and 78$?

70$ for 30 mbit unlimited is quite a deal...
»teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···cable-30
--
Tutoriels pour Nexus One: »pages.videotron.com/gravufo/android.html

Montreal, QC

1 edit

Twice slower than my current cable internet but for the same ridiculous price...

p.s.
Found this package »teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···cable-30
$70 for cable unlimited 30 Mb/s downloads
This from the same company that offers unlimited 25 Mb/s DSL for $78... I don't understand, doesn't make sense?
The slower DSL is more expensive?
»teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···d-dsl-25
--
God is a superstition. Religion is poison.

Montreal, QC
reply to Dunlop

So my TGV-60 plan got a 100 gigs/month cap increase to a total of 250GB/month limit.

»links.info.videotron.com/a/v.x?t···pmco&v=4

Who knows, give it another decade and maybe the monthly download cap will be abolished... or not.

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC

Ebox was selling 60mbps/3mbps connexion for 54.95. But they have a stop sell on it.

Go with a TPIA! »