uniqs

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt

Re: Sept. 12 invites for iPhone 5? release...

said by HiVolt:

Apple has bazillions... Why don't they build their own factory, their own fab plant? 100 billion in cash buys a lot...

Building a factory doesn't make sense, but they should look at how the auto industry manages their suppliers in asia. It's very systematic. They have random visits to their suppliers (suppliers only find out on the morning of). Even if the supplier isn't exclusively doing your products, they still get to dictate working conditions and safety standards.. Or they lose their contract.

Ofcourse the working conditions are a lot harsher for the auto industry but I don't see why Apple can't keep a team in China that monitors Foxxcon.

Chinese kids are being pulled out of school to work on the iphone. There is no way Apple doesn't know about this. But i'm sure their PR team is going to spread the same bullshit lies like they always do.
Alcohol

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

said by HiVolt:

Apple has bazillions... Why don't they build their own factory, their own fab plant? 100 billion in cash buys a lot...

Building a factory doesn't make sense, but they should look at how the auto industry manages their suppliers in asia. It's very systematic. They have random visits to their suppliers (suppliers only find out on the morning of). Even if the supplier isn't exclusively doing your products, they still get to dictate working conditions and safety standards.. Or they lose their contract.

Ofcourse the working conditions are a lot harsher for the auto industry but I don't see why Apple can't keep a team in China that monitors Foxxcon.

Chinese kids are being pulled out of school to work on the iphone. There is no way Apple doesn't know about this. But i'm sure their PR team is going to spread the same bullshit lies like they always do.

Looks like the number is 32,000 children if anyone wants an update to the story.

»www.forbes.com/sites/pet ··· -school/

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Customers probably just want to know when their phones will arrive.
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

Looks like the number is 32,000 children if anyone wants an update to the story.

The article says 'students' not 'children'. The NY Times article linked in your link suggests the students are young adults.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Riamen:

said by Alcohol:

The article says 'students' not 'children'. The NY Times article linked in your link suggests the students are young adults.

You're right. I assumed students were young from this line in the article

As Lindstrom concluded, you love your iPhone and if JP Morgan Chase is right, eight million of you won’t let a little thing — like costing 32,000 Chinese students their education — keep you from spending $600 to smear your fingerprints all over your loved one’s glass screen.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Was late to the party, already posted.